Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite cut of steak page

Brian C. is offline Member

favorite cut of steak

Shop Now
    What is your favorite cut of steak and how do you like to cook it?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My steak is always slathered with garlic butter and grilled. my preferred cuts are flank, t- bone, porterhouse, and sirloin.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Ribeye.

I eat alot of bone in chuck steaks too.

I just started eating Flat Iron steaks, those are super tasty.

...oh yes, and I really like the Pork Chop.

Godzilla is offline Senior Member
    Ribeye. Most tender and most flavorful. Nuff said.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    I like ribeyes and NY strips grilled just enough so that they're tender, juicy, and still bright red inside and served with mushrooms sauteed in butter
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    only one? That's like asking what my favorite book is! Lesseee.

Something basic like blade for a casserole - cheap and tasty. Rack of beef - quessing that's ribeye on the bone OMG that was THE best roast EVAH. Porterhouse for a barbeque or just in the pan.

The local butcher has these two-inch-thick New York Cut steaks that I keep eyeing off... they look amazing but are so huge, I don't know how I'd get through one!

esloser is offline Member
    Ribeyes or Porterhouses cooked medium rare - more on the rare side though...

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I had a bunch of tenderloins recently and that cut cooked rare is truly on a different level for me. I can't say that it's my favorite, but it almost seems like a different animal, so rich and tender. I slow cooked top sirloin outside, half grilled and half smoked and it was amazing. Prime Rib is the opposite of tenderloin for me. Give me the end cut with all the baked on seasoning and I growl as I eat it, au jus and horseradish please. I don't have a favorite other than what's on my plate next, which just happens to be a two pound sirloin flap, grilled over mesquite and cut into to strips for fajitas. I'll put the strips over a Mexican salad and top it off with a big dollop of guacamole. Can't beat that... today anyway!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I love so many different cuts!!! Our every day steaks are top sirloin, but I love porterhouse for a treat!!! I don't love fillet mignon, I find it a bit bland for all it's tenderness. (Guess I love fat! ha ha) We like to marinate our steaks in homemade primal bbq sauce, with some added balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic and onion. Yummy yum. We have also played with peppercrusts, mushroom sauces, steak topped with seafood and hollandaise, and topping the hot steak with herbed garlic butter. (OMG this is SO good!!!)

For pork I love bone in pork chops, pork loin steaks... mmmmmmmmm meat! Pork is so versatile, you can do it with a mustard white wine sauce, or bbq sauce, or thai with a peanut coconut milk sauce, or with curry... possibilities are endless.

ETA: Oh, and I like my meat rare. I won't eat it if it's cooked more than medium rare.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ribeye, and it must be bleeding!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast