Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone made HUGE life changes to become more simple/primal/happy? page 2

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gorbag- lol you are doing it right.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I_EAT_COWS is offline Member
    sbhikes - glad to hear you're so forward thinking! I really wish I could have spent my 20's without working full time. I feel like I lost a part of my life that should have been healthy and enjoyable...

edennperez - inspiring story! It's wonderful that you have time with your family and are enjoying your life. How people choose a career and a nanny over raising their kids boggles my mind...

OneDeltaTenTango - I have read MMM's stuff, thanks for the suggestion. He has some great ideas, and I really relate to his personal story and financial journey.

MightyWindmill - thanks for the link, the Moneyless Manifesto looks like some interesting reading! “only when the last tree has died, the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money” - priceless! (pun intended)

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I run our own business, which is integrated into work-life balance/etc, and we earn what we earn from our own efforts (which is awesome), and then of course, we focus on what we value. We live minimally and simply, and it's a good life.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWindmill View Post
    Or the Moneyless Manifesto which is about a guy who has gone the whole hog with this. Its a bit much for me, but interesting reading.
    Moneyless... yet he runs a website that has hosting and domain costs, oh and look he sells a book too... for money. heh
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_EAT_COWS View Post
    -Teleworker who moves to a very cheap location or buys a trailor and lot for $20k and has it paid off within a year - then switches to part time telework because his montly bills are like $200.
    -Bartenders and wait staff who work 20-30 hours per week and get by just fine.
    Most portions of the country however don't let you place a manufactured home just anywhere, evne if you own the land. As far as the 'mobile home' communities, you pay lot rent in those and around here that's 200-450$ a month and usually goes up 5-10$ a month every year plus utilities.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Gorbag- lol you are doing it right.
    Tell me about it. I want to be him when I grow up. *off to look for flaming shorts*
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Tell me about it. I want to be him when I grow up. *off to look for flaming shorts*
    He reminds me of that alcohol commercial... The one with the sophisticated guy in a suit (except Gorbag has his shorts) with all the pretty ladiessss.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    He reminds me of that alcohol commercial... The one with the sophisticated guy in a suit (except Gorbag has his shorts) with all the pretty ladiessss.
    Yup....

"I don't always get my office assistant a new chair, but when I do it's my lap." - Gorbag 'the most interesting man in the world'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I_EAT_COWS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    My husband and I run our own business, which is integrated into work-life balance/etc, and we earn what we earn from our own efforts (which is awesome), and then of course, we focus on what we value. We live minimally and simply, and it's a good life.
    Wonderful! I've been harboring suspicions that earning value from actual effort and success rather than the number of hours spent in a cubicle is a more human and sane way to go about living.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it is. Spending time working for others was like begging for crumbs from the big table. No matter how well we did, how great our work was, it didn't matter. It didn't really affect the bottom line directly, and as such, there was no real reward for working there. Corporate work is the illusion of security in the group, but it comes with a lot of stresses and frustrations, doesn't it?

Whereas, when I work for myself, I know that my efforts will have positive or negative outcomes. The business is extremely responsive to how we work, to what we do. And the real security of it is knowing that what we do matters -- we succeed or fail based on our own efforts, and if we fail, we fail. But usually, we succeed -- and that's powerful.

And, it means that we know that we can do it. That's real security, security in self assurance.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast