View Poll Results: Women, what is your least favourite body part?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thighs

13 24.07%
  • Tummy

24 44.44%
  • Hips

1 1.85%
  • Calves

2 3.70%
  • Arms

4 7.41%
  • Breasts

3 5.56%
  • Butt

7 12.96%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Women and body perception page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Women and body perception

Shop Now
    I've been thinking a lot about women and body perception lately, and I wanted to get input from the wise folks here.

Many people blame the cult of female body hate on the media, saying they over-sexualise women, and make beauty standards impossibly unattainable (through airbrushing etc.) I'm not saying this isn't the case but...yawn. The media can't be the only reason women do horrendous things to themselves to look better? There's such a long history of it. Think of corsets, foot binding etc. Where do you guys think it comes from?

And Women, what is your least favourite body part? Is there a rational basis for this, or deep down do you know you are being hyper critical?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    My least favorite would have to be my feet because they are a size 10. I don't really mind all that much. They are not hideous, just bigger. I'm 5'6", so I don't know that the size are really necessary. My second toe on each foot is also longer than my first toe. But, I am happy to have feet. They work really well
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:158.8 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal!

Lose 1" off of each: chest, waist, hips, thighs by vacation in mid-May! Currently 36-1/2", 26-1/2", 35-1/2", 21-1/2". Strength training and walking here I come!!

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Unlike a lot of women who would complain about a too bit butt, mine is flat as a pancake and saggy. I do squats and walk a ton but there's just nothing there. I mean I can feel a muscle but I guess all my fat is elsewhere. Its interesting to me that it is my worst feature even though I have a fat and flabby tummy.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Boobs. They sag. It's not like I can change my diet and make them perky again, so I'm stuck unless I get surgery, and I'm not willing to do that.

But I got them nursing very hungry babies. Seriously, a 1-month-old that drinks 12 ounces at a time??? WTH!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Mine's not on the list. It's my nose. It has no shape. It's like a toddler nose. I would like something elegant.

The other parts are looking middle-aged, so I guess I should hate on them, but I don't.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't focusing on what people don't like just reinforce negative things?

Why not focus on women's body parts that men like?

Then this could turn into another Yoga pants thread
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There was a time when the woman's body as represented by Rubens was considered beautiful.

I used to be a model for various figure drawing and sculpture classes. My body was often compared to Rubens' paintings. People would tell me they really enjoyed drawing me because I had lots of interesting shapes and folds.

Sometimes during the artist critique period I would sit and watch and occasionally someone would have unconsciously drawn their wife instead of me and the teacher would point out how they were drawing from a place of love, but not drawing what they were actually seeing. I found that interesting.

I would do dozens of poses during the evening, first very short, then longer and longer and finally two long poses. People would draw and paint furiously and toss it all in the trash at the end. Once I fished a watercolor someone did out of the trash and got it framed. I still have it on my wall.

Once I shaved my hair (on my head, get your mind out of the gutter) and then people in the art classes complained because I looked too androgynous. I thought that was the oddest thing to say to a naked woman.

Being an artist model was one of the best things I ever did for my self-image. Losing weight and trying to make my body look different from how it is is always the worst thing I ever do for my self-image. You'd think after nearly 50 years I would learn a lesson about that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Why not focus on women's body parts that men like?
    Haha, yeah. I like my butt, small waist and boobs. I don't worry about the rest anymore.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    My least fav part would have to be my tummy.
    But part if the reason behind this was 8 years of why can't you lose weight & have the body you had before you had kids coming from my now ex.
    I also grow up with a weight obsessed mother who would always said if you eat that you'll get fat.
    When I look back at pics I wish I was the weight I was then when I thought I was fat (10kg/22# lighter then now) as that is what I was being told.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have to say that my whole family has a notorious problem with our "tummies" -- but for me, that's no longer at issue.

I am really happy with my body these days overall. I'm happy with all the different parts of it, and with it as a whole. But I answered with what "used to" bother me.

Now, I have less of the "pooch" that I had when I had gluten in my diet, but I still have that shape beneath my navel. I'm not unhappy with it. I am not super lean (I'm probably 22% right now, a little heavier than normal due to weird food supply issues and guesting since being back in the US), but I'm happy with the way that I look anyway.

I know that once I'm back in normal habits, it'll drop back down to that normal 19-20% in no time. But even so, I'm not upset about how I look, or really, how my clothes are fitting, etc.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast