View Poll Results: Women, what is your least favourite body part?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thighs

13 24.07%
  • Tummy

24 44.44%
  • Hips

1 1.85%
  • Calves

2 3.70%
  • Arms

4 7.41%
  • Breasts

3 5.56%
  • Butt

7 12.96%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Women and body perception page 10

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I submit that a lot of women need to be involved in this experiment.....

I had this happen in a different way before. I was hearing about a woman in my town (it is tiny, we know each other), and about how she seemed to our librarian to be kind of hard to tack down, not super social, had questionable dress, and had a big nose.

I then went on to talk to a volunteer there, a friend of min, and he was talking about how there is this one woman in town he is interested in. He said she had this beautiful streaming hair, totally seemed not to give a damn what people thought, that she was one of the most beautiful people he'd ever seen.

A few weeks later, I realized they were talking about the same person.

It was all about perspective. In the librarian, she was looking at her idea of social value the woman had. To her, a (likely attractive even to her eyes) woman that did not socialize as much as she would like was to be derided. She is an old cranky lady who tends to find a reason to dislike most anyone.....to the male librarian, he saw a potential girlfriend and was transfixed by her....I think the same thing happens inside of our minds, a dichotomy forced on women, with underlying beauty up against societal expectations. Women can be very brutal to one another, IMO. Anyway, check this out.

2 People Described The Same Person To A Forensic Artist And This Is What Happened
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Well, laz...women are harsher to other women than men are (usually not always- I have heard many lewd/offensive banters about females from guy friends).

I am definitely harsher on myself and other females than my male companions are. I do also compliment females more than my male companions do too though. When one casts models for roles one'a perception of "what is attractive" and "what is average" gets skewed.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Loved this. Thanks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Well, laz...women are harsher to other women than men are (usually not always- I have heard many lewd/offensive banters about females from guy friends).
    True dat.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I don't know if women are harder on women than men are. It depends on the ego. With women there's an element of comparison; but a man can be overly harsh on a woman if she ignites his ego negatively.

I've witnessed men slating gorgeous chicks; most likely because they had fragile egos and knew they didnt stand a snowball's chance in hell.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Laz, that was pretty moving.

I clicked on another link from that page and this young woman is pretty insightful.
    Watch A Student Totally Nail Something About Women That I've Been Trying To Articulate For 37 Years

I'm only harder on women when I feel that they've settled. I think it's because from my admittedly narrow perspective of the world, I've seen a few women have their lives pretty much royally screwed by choosing the wrong partner and staying too long, but only one man who did so. But when it comes to looks, meh, it's just wrapping paper.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Women and body perception

I don't get the whole "looks aren't important... Just wrapping paper"

Looks are just as much of a combo of genetics, upbringing and hard work as intelligence and personality are. How come we are allowed to judge someone for lack of intelligence and then if we judge for looks it is "shallow"?

Also, caring about looks doesn't mean NOT caring about IQ/intelligence/hobbies/personality.

Just my 2 cents...
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    This hit home hard. I once yelled at my mother (as an angsty 14 year old) to stop telling me, "are you sure you want to eat that" and about how lucky she was that I didn't have an eating disorder. She almost never did it again. Fortunately since then we have been able to have mature discussions about body image and negative self talk.

As an adult I can see that she grew up always thinking she was chubby and disliking her body and that "reminding me" to watch what I ate and to exercise was her effort to ensure that I didn't end up feeling the same way.

I have always vowed to never speak ill of my body in front of my children.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I think we are all trying to outsmart that sexual selection curve.
    Love this! You little genius <3

I like the idea that looks are just wrapping paper, but it's not true. Your looks also influence your personality.

- Ray Peat

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast