Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCOS reading page

lyss is offline Junior Member

PCOS reading

Shop Now
    Hi!!!

Sorry to those who think I am posting PCOS reading resources here - rather I am asking for them. (And not stefani ruper's pcos book... I tried her birth control book when it was on sale for like 5$ and I can honestly say it wasn't even worth that).

Any books or websites would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Commenting just to track this topic, know a girl with pcos that would benefit from any worthwhile information.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    SoulCysters.net is great resource. The message board is packed full of any topic related to PCOS you can think of.

There is also a soulcysters.com but that does not appear to be functioning site at this time, at least for me.
    Last edited by vh67; 12-16-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Corrected web address

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lyss View Post
    Hi!!!

Sorry to those who think I am posting PCOS reading resources here - rather I am asking for them. (And not stefani ruper's pcos book... I tried her birth control book when it was on sale for like 5$ and I can honestly say it wasn't even worth that).

Any books or websites would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Lyss,

We have many testimonials for women who have cured their PCOS naturally. PCOS is just one of many diseases caused by severe iodine deficiency. Hypothyroid, fibrocystic breasts, uterus problems & brain fog are all related to iodine deficiency. Men also suffer iodine deficiency with Prostate problems & low testosterone. Testimonials here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

Complete instructions with references here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Also read the book, The Iodine Crises by Lynne Farrow, available at Amazon.Com
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

Grizz

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    There is no cure for PCOS at this time. Anyone who tells you they have a cure is selling snake oil. Symptoms are treated as necessary as it is slightly different in every woman. Hopefully, soon, there will be an actual cure for it.

Treatment
    Common Questions About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, The UCSF National Center of Excellence in Women's Health

Taking massive amounts of iodine is dangerous, especially for people with certain thyroid conditions.

Iodine poisoning: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Adding iodine naturally through diet is much less likely to cause iodine poisoning. Here is an article that discusses how to get it naturally and how much is needed.

Iodine in diet: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Most women do best on a vlc/lc diet, under 100 grams of carb a day but everyone is different. Eating lower carb appears to help with long term issues as well but there are no scientific studies on it that I could find.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    There is no cure for PCOS at this time. Anyone who tells you they have a cure is selling snake oil. Symptoms are treated as necessary as it is slightly different in every woman. Hopefully, soon, there will be an actual cure for it.

Treatment
    Common Questions About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, The UCSF National Center of Excellence in Women's Health

Taking massive amounts of iodine is dangerous, especially for people with certain thyroid conditions.

Iodine poisoning: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Adding iodine naturally through diet is much less likely to cause iodine poisoning. Here is an article that discusses how to get it naturally and how much is needed.

Iodine in diet: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Most women do best on a vlc/lc diet, under 100 grams of carb a day but everyone is different. Eating lower carb appears to help with long term issues as well but there are no scientific studies on it that I could find.
    VH67,

Your extreme negativism is interesting in view of the many women on this board who have cured their iodine deficiency disease, as I detailed in the testimonials in my previous message. All of these women would wonder what you are smoking.

Be careful what you read on the internet, there are gross lies & distortions designed to frighten people & boost the sale of expensive drugs. I suggest that you focus on reports from qualified Doctors Abraham, Brownstein, Cousens, Flechas, Derry, Davis, & Tenpenny for honest & accurate information about iodine. Google Search for doctorsName iodine.

You should also review the Front Page at Dr. Buists Yahoo Iodine web site.
    Yahoo Groups
    where many thousands of women report being cured of their iodine deficiency symptoms with iodine, including PCOS.

Who do you think you are you to call of of these experienced doctors a liar ???

Who do you think you are to denigrate Dr. Buists tireless sacrifices to keep her Yahoo Iodine group operational for so many years.

You are always attacking messages and acting like a TROLL.

Grizz

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Grizz, I feel that it's important to point out the your links to testimonials on Iodine link to Gravyboat's testimonial on using raw adrenals for adrenal fatigue. She mentions nowhere the use of iodine. You also linked to some of Pebbles' posts, but she specifically states in one of them that she is not a good example for iodine use. I don't doubt that it works for some people, but I don't think it's a cure-all, which is what your posts make it sound like.

Disagreeing with someone is not being a troll.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Grizz, I feel that it's important to point out the your links to testimonials on Iodine link to Gravyboat's testimonial on using raw adrenals for adrenal fatigue. She mentions nowhere the use of iodine. You also linked to some of Pebbles' posts, but she specifically states in one of them that she is not a good example for iodine use. I don't doubt that it works for some people, but I don't think it's a cure-all, which is what your posts make it sound like.

Disagreeing with someone is not being a troll.
    She is disagreeing with multiple doctors, which I have listed. Does she think she knows more than the many Doctors I've listed?

As usual, we can agree to disagree. If I have a choice to listen to multiple doctors or to VH67's never ending negativism, I would choose the doctors every time.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    She is disagreeing with multiple doctors, which I have listed. Does she think she knows more that the many Doctors I've listed?

As usual, we can agree to disagree.

Grizz
    Yes, we can disagree, but I was not talking about the doctors, just the testimonials.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yes, we can disagree, but I was not talking about the doctors, just the testimonials.
    There is nothing wrong with my link to testimonials. Here it is again:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials
    Click on the index to PCOS.

Grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast