Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Organic Milk - What I didn't know... page

Bear is offline Senior Member

Organic Milk - What I didn't know...

Shop Now
    If you drink organic milk, read this:

What you don't know about organic milk

This source may have a bias (though I'm not sure what it might be, nor do I care), but I've seen this information subsequently on other sites, and being factual information about pasteurization of organic milk ("ultra" pasteurization), there's no reason to doubt it.

I had suspected my skin and sinus problem (it "appeared" to be an infection...or rosacea) was due to something I'd been ingesting over the past year or more, because a recent lab test showed I wasn't infected with staph. I considered whey protein shakes, vitamins...and organic milk (which was new to our diet over that period of time). I stopped drinking milk entirely and my skin and sinuses began to clear. So, I thought, maybe the fact that the cows are pasture-fed meant my allergy to grasses was to blame.

Then I read the above. The ultra pasteurization process is scary...no, it's frightening.

Bottom line? We dumped all of our organic milk down the drain last night (my spouse had continued to drink it, but after reading about ultra-pasteurization decided the risk of auto-immune problems was clearly not worth it).

Alarmist? Your call...but for us, it's a win-win to give it up.

If this alerts even one person who may have had similar health issues, it'll be worth posting.

Good health to all...
    Last edited by Bear; 12-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    >NaturalNews

Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    We buy ours raw, but this is probably the closest I've seen to that and still legal in all states:

Milk Kalona SuperNatural

Lyte is offline Senior Member
    @ "Derpamix"

Don't you think that's kind of silly? Did you bother to read the information at all? It was a pretty factual article that laid out what the types of pasteurization meant. No need to be judgemental.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    @ "Derpamix"

Don't you think that's kind of silly? Did you bother to read the information at all? It was a pretty factual article that laid out what the types of pasteurization meant. No need to be judgemental.
    Google tells you what you want to hear, and when you search for something such as "milk and x problem", based on its algorithmic results based off of "hits", many times you're going to get something from NaturalNews. It's an opinionated site, that never offers anything in the form of proof. If I were to take anything on that site without a grain of salt, I'd end up being afraid of anything that wasn't made right before my eyes with a 500% price increase. Utilizing google at all, and not scholarly search engines, is ipso facto stupid.

This is what you get when you pay attention to the current trend of holistic medicine fear mongering:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-15-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    pasteurization is one of the most successful public health initiatives of modern times. for whatever reason, there is plenty of scare-mongering on the netz about it.

op: were you buying tetra-pak milk? that's the stuff that is most often uht. the "regular" milk in stores is not. furthermore, most of what is available in markets is regionally produced and distributed as a perishable product. however, "organic" grocery store milk is pretty much a waste of money so use your google-fu to find a local, grass-fed dairy and see how you do.

as for this:

Most people still consider drinking raw milk to be completely safe.
    am no chicken little about germs and and such in or on my food, BUT. i. do. not. agree. with. this. at. all. it doesn't take a whole of e.coli to kill somebody and a dairy barn is a dirty-ass place.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post

as for this:

am no chicken little about germs and and such in or on my food, BUT. i. do. not. agree. with. this. at. all. it doesn't take a whole of e.coli to kill somebody and a dairy barn is a dirty-ass place.
    Actually, I am one person who has found by experience that drinking raw milk has been safe for me and my family.

However, I disagree that most people think this way. In fact most are scared of it and firmly in favour of pasteurisation. Therefore I usually keep the fact that I am buying and using raw milk to myself.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    One thing Google might help with is finding how many people have died from raw milk vs pasteurized since it has been being tracked. My state doesn't allow the sale of raw milk even for pets, nor will it allow cow shares to include it. They can't do a thing about the violence here, but they sure can bully those farmers.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Bear is offline Senior Member
    So...there appear to be divided opinions on this. Some a little over-the-top...but no matter. I experienced the results I experienced...proof enough for me.

As for the article? It stated a fact that ultra pasteurization does "x". "x" doesn't suit me. End of story.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    am not saying it will fer sure kill you DEADZ, lol. but i do have nurse and doctor friends who have had some very terrible to-death cases caused by contaminated raw milk. we'd all like to think "organic" farms are kept spic-n-span by pixies and the milk is bottled by sanitary fairies, but sadly that isn't always true.

i *do* eat raw milk cheese, but the fermentation process killz bug dead.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast