Thread: Fibromyalgia page

Owen is offline Senior Member

Fibromyalgia

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

Does anyone have any experiences / advice to share on fibromyalgia? I have a family member who may have it. In particular, has anyone noted or discovered any links between this condition and rheumatoid arthritis, other forms of autoimmunity, or stress?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Owen

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone have any experiences / advice to share on fibromyalgia? I have a family member who may have it. In particular, has anyone noted or discovered any links between this condition and rheumatoid arthritis, other forms of autoimmunity, or stress?

Owen
    Owen,
    There are 2 major causes for Fibromyalgia: Iodine Deficiency & Wheat.

1) Iodine Deficiency.
    Every cell in the human body has iodine receptors & requires iodine to be healthy.
    There are two primary causes: the first is in one hundred percent of the patients I’ve seen with fibromyalgia—when I test them, they are toxic with heavy metal poisoning. The second cause is that many, many people in our society are deficient in the element iodine, and when any tissue in the body becomes deficient in iodine, it will become fibrous, painful, and can possibly develop cysts and nodules, which are often found in fibromyalgia patients.
    More: Successfully Treat Fibromyalgia with Naturopathic Medicine > Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Cause, Diagnosis, Treatment, Diet, Supplements
    Dr Flechas Video: Iodine cures a Pandoras Box of Health Problems, including fibromyalgia:
    Jorge Flechas Total Body Iodine Sufficiency - YouTube

The good news = The Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol will help detox the body & restore healthy iodine levels.
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Read the Book, The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

2) Wheat Devastates our health over time
    I was turning 40 and felt 90. Doctors diagnosed me with “fibromayalgia” and “Auto Immune Disorder–Etiology Unknown” and gave me pain pills and steroids, which I tried but the side effects were terrible. I knew they weren’t the answer, but I had no idea how to figure out what was wrong.

I basically suffered for years until I found your book. Within a week–days, really–of staying away from wheat, my pain was gone. My stomach issues, which had plagued me for several years, as well: gone.
    Lose the wheat . . . climb a mountain | Wheat Belly Blog
    More on Wheat Devastating our health:
    http://tinyurl.com/Wheat-Health-Problems

Read the book, Wheat Belly
    Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-15-2013 at 10:54 AM.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Hi All,

Owen
    I was diagnosed several years ago. For me it was related to under treated thyroid disease and low vitamin D. Once my thyroid and vitamin D were optimized all my fibro symptoms resolved.

My suggestion is to make sure thyroid is operating optimally- TSH , free T4, freeT4, antibodies being tested. I do not recommend taking iodine without knowing thyroid antibody status and working with a physician.

Also, make sure vitamin D levels and iron levels (hemoglobin, hematocrit, ferritin) are optimized.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I was diagnosed several years ago. For me it was related to under treated thyroid disease and low vitamin D. Once my thyroid and vitamin D were optimized all my fibro symptoms resolved.

My suggestion is to make sure thyroid is operating optimally- TSH , free T4, freeT4, antibodies being tested. I do not recommend taking iodine without knowing thyroid antibody status and working with a physician.

Also, make sure vitamin D levels and iron levels (hemoglobin, hematocrit, ferritin) are optimized.
    +1 on Vitamin D3.

Thyroid problems are also caused by Iodine Deficiency. The Nation is suffering from an iodine deficiency epidemic.
    Iodine, iron, selenium, zinc, and Vitamin A are all essential for normal thyroid hormone metabolism
    Thyroid Hormone Requires Iron, Cortisol, Selenium, Iodine
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz