Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating liver causes hair loss ? page

Rick Rube is offline Junior Member

Eating liver causes hair loss ?

Shop Now
    Danny Roddy says that eating beef liver can cause hair loss due to the high amount of copper. Is this true ? If it is true I have to stop eating liver since I already have MPB

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rube View Post
    Danny Roddy says that eating beef liver can cause hair loss due to the high amount of copper. Is this true ? If it is true I have to stop eating liver since I already have MPB
    I wouldn't pay any attention to him on this. On the subject of hair loss he has zero credibility.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Copper is found in meat, eggs, seeds, nuts. It's needed for body processes but like all things too little or too much can be harmful.
    If your worried maybe ask your Dr to do bloods (copper toxicity has other symptoms other then hair loss)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    FPB here - improved since going Primal and including liver, in one form or another, at least once a week. I don't know to what extent diet affects MPB at all, either way, but liver's definitely good for you.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rube View Post
    No he doesn't. Maybe he did, but he's since recanted that.

Mo Copper Mo Problems: Why I Was Wrong About Copper

There is no way copper causes hair loss, as it's incorporated in numerous metalloenzymes involved in cross-linking of collagen, elastin, and hair keratin. It's also one of the minerals most responsible for pigmentation, as concentrations of copper are higher in hair that is dark, and lower in hair that is not.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Martini is offline Member
    While the copper causes hairloss is kind of ridiciolous, there is a point that you have to be a little careful to not overeat liver. More than two times a week is probably not a great idea.

sarahsj is offline Junior Member
    I love beef liver. I eat a lot of chicken livers. My copper levels in blood tests are normal. My dad does not have any hair. His brothers do not have hair. His brothers despise eating liver, while my dad enjoys it as much as I do.

My bet is on genetics causing hair loss, not the copper in the liver. I would be more worried about the oils you use to fry liver than the liver.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I'd be skeptical.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Eating liver causes hair loss ?

Too much of anything is toxic, even too much dihydrogen monoxide.

Just don't eat 3lbs liver every meal and snort some more at night.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Hair loss is genetic, if you're predisposed to it, you're going to go bald, eventually. Only way to slow it down temporarily is drugs like propecia, and rogaine at the cost of your boner.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast