Thread: 21 Day Challenge, made it 8 days. page

venfayon is offline Member

21 Day Challenge, made it 8 days.

Primal Fuel
    Last edited by venfayon; 03-12-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    My understanding of PB was that carbs below 100 was for weight loss, to 150g for maintenance & people working out (athletes) above that.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I won't be offended.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    You're bang on Hannah. Mark makes a note that below 50 gm per day puts you into serious ketosis, but isn't advisable over the long term because you will invariably reduce your vegetable intake and miss out on micronutrients, antioxidants and a balance of fibre types.

Upping your carb intake beyond 30 gms is not failing the challenge. I never bought that book because I was already primal by the time I worked out what it was, but my understanding is the main focus is to cut out grains, soda and several other problematic foods and focus on whole foods.

Being above 30 gms with that level of activity is not just sane, but necessary. If your ultimate goal is sustained fat loss, I would exercise less, not more, but if you're enjoying activity for activities sake by all means up your carb intake. There's no way you'll feel healthy draining your glycogen like that and not recovering it through food.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I found the same thing, though I tended to last 2-3 weeks before bonking. I'm in the army, and though I don't really consider what we do to be more than lightly/moderately active, it seems to be enough to bump me into the 100+ grams of carbohydrate range. I feel best between 80 and 125 grams. Any more and I don't feel satisfied by food and less my energy levels droop.