Thread: Snack mixes (nut-free) that I can make ahead for Christmas? page

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member

Snack mixes (nut-free) that I can make ahead for Christmas?

Primal Fuel
    Pre primal, we would inhale buckets of nuts & bolts snack mix. Soo yummy!
    We are visiting my parents for Christmas, and want to bring our own snack mixes to munch on. Any ideas? It needs to be nut-free, as I am intolerant.
    I'm thinking of making nuts & bolts, but with popcorn and Rice Chex cereal.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Does it have to be dry? I'd say that is hard without involving a nut. Would it be that bad to buy some good quality crisps, corn chips (u can buy blue corn chips !) mini poppadums, Indonesian crackers etc as a treat?
    Other than that I would suggest olives, manchego, feta, pickled garlic/onions/gherkins, hard boiled eggs, home made salsa dip, pickled ginger, hummus, carrots/celery/cucumber. They are my snacks of choice but don't think pickled garlic is too popular with the oh haha

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Try sweet potato chips baked in coconut oil (you find them online) and coconut chips/banana chips in coconut oil (find at tj's)

If you get a dehydrator you can make your own chips in any oil you want.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel