Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should you eat dessert first? page 2

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    I don't think a dessert would stimulate your appetite for real food. If anything, it would stimulate the appetite for more dessert.
    Mine balances itself. If I have a sweet meal I'll want something savory next, if I have a savory meal I'll want something sweet next. That's basically how all my meals go, sweet/savory/sweet/savory. Eating the all meat and vegetable diet was a failure and eating the all fruit diet was a failure, even though I only done that for 2 days.

I think people are setting themselves up for failure or disordered eating by denying themselves sweet foods.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by venfayon View Post

My weight is where I want it. I was just thinking because most restaurants give you too big of portions that desert first would help not have the doggie bag.
    if you're not trying to gain, i still do NOT see the point of forcing more food in your gob than your body wants or needs. eating primal helps regulate your body's appetite and satiety signals. disregarding that is how you get fat.

unless you're spending $100+ per person ALL american restaurant portions are too damn big, why do you feel compelled to finish a pig-plate AFTER a giant pile of sugar/flour/butter?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Unless you've opted for a fixed price option because it puts an expensive restaurant within reach, dessert isn't necessary after every single dinner or supper. It's a habit. And kind of an odd one if you think about it. We eat what for many people is the largest meal of the day, and then follow it with a sweet. It's fun occasionally and it might be great at some restaurants, but it's totally not necessary, and if it triggers hunger after a large meal, it becomes unhealthy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    And then on the other hand, if what you really want is the dessert, then just go and have the dessert. Once in a while, for a treat. Nobody's going to make you order a meal if what you want is dessert.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I've never had a problem finishing my plate, and I almost never get desert.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Unless you've opted for a fixed price option because it puts an expensive restaurant within reach, dessert isn't necessary after every single dinner or supper. It's a habit. And kind of an odd one if you think about it. We eat what for many people is the largest meal of the day, and then follow it with a sweet. It's fun occasionally and it might be great at some restaurants, but it's totally not necessary, and if it triggers hunger after a large meal, it becomes unhealthy.
    Totally agree. In KR (who have the lowest obesity rate in the developed world) they don't serve desert. If you asked for a desert menu they'd just look at you funny. In a fancy restaurant you might get a single pear slice per person.

It's really a bad habit, desert is not necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12