Thread: Fish offal page

mjoshuahill is offline Member

Fish offal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This post may come off as a little bit strange lol

I have been enjoying alot of beef and chicken offal recently and I am loving it. Here, in Bermuda, I also spend alot of time fishing and eating fish. Putting my two loves together I figured it would be interesting to try fish offal. Liver, heart, air sac and gills seem like the best to try but I can't find information about how to prepare them. I was thinking of cutting everything up into small pieces and sauteeing in butter with veggies for breakfast or it bacon grease with egges. Any ideas?
    It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget the caviar.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    I'd only eat fish liver if you know the water is very clean; lots of poisons in the ocean these days. I've had tuna hearts in a restaurant meal once (part of pasta topping, pre-primal). Don't know if the gills are that edible.

Well I am pretty sure we are about as clean as it is gonna get in the ocean. Unless that damn oil spill makes it up this far.
    It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Fish roes? I eat those - are they counted as offal??

what are fish roes?

EDIT: oh just googled it, yup I think that counts.