Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Importance of Significant Other's Eating Habits? page

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member

Importance of Significant Other's Eating Habits?

Shop Now
    deleted
    Last edited by Liquid Gusto; 01-10-2014 at 07:24 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I personally think, even more than how they eat, the most important thing is how supportive they are of the things you do to make your life better.

The Boyfriend isn't Primal or Paleo, but he tries to keep the non-Primal things he eats from being "in my face", and when we go out, he tries to find places where I can have the most choices.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Live and let live. DH sometimes joins me in my Paleo or green drink adventures. He says, "I have to get back to that" often. I myself will sometimes bring a few junk food tidbits into the house for the kiddies. The smell of warm bread is often in my face. Sometimes daily. But, no one is physically forcing me to eat the rice, bread, sugar or pasta. DH knows about this and agrees with me. But, Food happens. Even the Fake kinds.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I keep a gluten-free household. That is not up for debate. If he wants to eat gluten, he can eat it elsewhere. But aside from that, he can eat what he wants to eat. Mostly what he wants to eat is the food I fix, so he doesn't end up eating much junk.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Mine is mostly GF but also has the willpower of piglet, so she'll often eat wheat when other people are.

I struggle to provide sympathy on those occasions.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I personally think, even more than how they eat, the most important thing is how supportive they are of the things you do to make your life better.
    Yes, this.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I keep a gluten-free household. That is not up for debate. If he wants to eat gluten, he can eat it elsewhere. But aside from that, he can eat what he wants to eat. Mostly what he wants to eat is the food I fix, so he doesn't end up eating much junk.
    This basically. I'm not gluten free, but what I say goes as far as nutrition. He can eat what he wants outside the home. He runs the show in other areas. For example, he will pick where we vacation or what color to paint the walls - because I don't care as much and I trust his thoughts and opinions in this area. I'm sensitive about food, so he let's me rule in that area. He's sensitive/choosy about other things and I let him rule those areas. It's the balance we've struck I guess. This kind of give and take showed early on when we were dating. If it hadn't, I don't think we'd have been compatible.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    To me, it matters. It matters if the person cares about taking care of themselves, and if they think I'm ridiculous for eating the way I do or have no interest in learning from me, I probably don't see them as a long-term candidate for success. But early in the relationship, I don't care, keep it light, and joke around about it rather than being pushy, and usually they end up coming to me and at least making some adjustments that suit their preferences and beliefs.
    The Champagne of Beards

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Vegan is a deal-breaker.

Sent via lightsaber

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't give a single damn
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast