Thread: Recent Convert From Atkins page

JimenyKrickets is offline Senior Member

Talking Recent Convert From Atkins

Primal Fuel
    Long time lurker, first time caller here and thought I would introduce myself.

I have been eating paleo/primal for a few months after losing 100lbs of weight on Atkins. I was very athletic growing up but gained a lot of weight after college due to some medical problems. I rapidly lost weight going VLC but there were side effects, mainly due to my own stupidity. I was looking only at macros and living off magic protein powders and splenda protein candy bars. Over time, I hit a weight loss plateu and was frankly looking more gaunt than healthy. I had lost most of my muscle and I just felt weak all the time. I thought I was just getting old but now I know I was pretty much malnourished.

I have been having good success over the last couple of months building my muscle back and am feeling great. I've been having a lot of fun watching the amount of weight I'm lifting increase by the day and am having fun finding ways of making liver palatable.

Nice to meet y'all.

Male - 38, 6'0, 165lbs
    Last edited by JimenyKrickets; 12-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Congrats on the weight-loss and for finding a way back to health through Primal eating!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    Yea keep up the hard work! it will pay off.

Manda63 is offline Senior Member
    Well done for the weight loss and what is great you found out the truth in time about real food, so now you can become a wonderful healthy human. I am the same just over 2 months of healthy eating, been a few hiccups, but was due to health problems. I now am on the highway to becoming fit and healthy
    Got my life back September 23rd 2013...Female 5'6"

HW 210lbs
    SW 202lbs
    CW189lbs
    GW140lbs

The best feeling is not feeling depressed

My journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread95382.html