Thread: Sugar rush? page

Paneraiman is offline Junior Member

Sugar rush?

I have been 80% PB for about 3 months and am feeling pretty good on it (lost 8Kg so far without effort). However, I have noticed that I seem to have become highly sensitive to refined carbs / sugar on the very rare occasions that I have been tempted. First time was with some white bread (restaurant!) and just today with a piece of candy (kids!). I seem to have an almost instantaneous response and get what I can only describe as a sugar rush - heart seems to race a little, feel a bit light headed etc; it then takes a few hours for me to feel normal again.

Is this something I should be worried about or has my insulin sensitivity just increased now that I have withdrawn refined carbs from my diet?

Apologies if this is a common thread, not an easy topic to search for.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    From what I know, some people are just very sensitive to sugar. This is something that people typically don't realize until they get off the stuff.

I have been mostly sugar free for the last 7-8 mos but can still have a piece of good chocolate or even a home baked treat ( I have kids too) and not feel any effect.