Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil Pulling... AKA Mouthwash page 2

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    I do this occasionally while driving to work.
    Ha, I used to do this until I had the sudden uncontrolable urge to cough one time on the freeway and there was oil all over my dash and windshield. Thankfully it was easy to clean up. Now if I want to do it in the car, I take a plastic glass with me and spit it into the container if I have to. It solidifies and is easy to dispose of.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    It makes my front teeth noticeably less translucent. I make up batches with a tiny amount of essential oil for gum health (myrrh and peppermint or citrus) - definitely don't swallow that, though.

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    Great post. I read about oil pulling many months ago and wanted to try it but was scared about that oily feeling mouth for a whole 10 minutes so I havent tried it.
    I have thought about it again recently.

I make my own tooth powder with bentonite clay (similar to Wellness Mama's) which works ok. Id like to see better results though.

Theres no way I'd swallow the oil though. Its a very old method of detoxing, an ayervedic (sp!) practice I think.
    I dont want to be swallowing toxins pulled from my mouth or body thanks! That crap needs to be spit out! Lol.

Cool, I'm motivated to give this a go now!

Adding peppermint essential oil might be nice too... actually I could infuse some coconut oil with all that dried peppermint I have...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    I have known about oil pulling for a while, but only tried it earlier this fall. I stopped once preggo except when the teeth pain started, and then it helped clean/lessen the pain.

I should probably start it back up, I love how it made my teeth feel and I totally believe it heals teeth/gums
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.
    I'm not worried about this aspect, for myself.

We know that coconut oil has anti-microbial properties, which means it's useful in cleaning, and useful in cleaning the mouth.

and, it has whitened my teeth, so you know, benefit!

pharmageddon is offline Member
    yes i do it every day. does not have to be coconut oil i also use sunflower oil.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i don't do it for 10 minutes (have also seen recommendations to do it for 15-20 mins), but for at least 5 mins a few times a week and my gums and teeth feel MUCH cleaner. i do it after flossing and it feels great.

i spit it in the trash though.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing 20 minutes 2x day right now. Teeth are looking great.

pharmageddon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=Knifegill;1392595]You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.[/QUOTE

Whats woo woo? One toxin it can remove is the acids from meat and sugar consumption that rot teeth and cause gum disease.
    How about that Mr caveman?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast