Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: ChocoTaco369, this is for you: page 30

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    It's good to see a recommendation for Elliott Hulse's videos on here. He's a strong dude and knows what he's talking about.
    +1 on elliot

i'm a big fan of the diesel crew (smitty and jed) and zach even-esh too
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    That's a big concept that needs to change. If we are pleasing men, not all men like that. At all. Even remotely. I showed my SO a pic of the girls I do CF with and he immediately went to the 5'3 woman who is all curves (not blobby fat curves, thick curves) and was like WHOA. She's hot. And he tends to like what he calls "thin women". The woman I think is attractive- tall, long limbed, not "skinny" but lean/thin, he was like "oh she is too thin".
    Yup, I totally agree. When I was at that skinny but weak stage, I would get compliments from guys who liked their girls really, really thin. I remember one guy telling me that I was 'at the high range of what he'd be into' but was still passable. Lol, I hadn't weighed that little since I was 10 and there still someone who was making me feel like I was barely acceptable. I had to starve myself to be that skinny and was miserable. And I always still had an ass (though the restriction cost me my boobs), which I used to think was a figure flaw. Not anymore! I've been lifting for a year and a half, doing lots of weighted squats etc and my ass is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. And now I look more balanced all over (I have shoulder definition and triceps!), plus reintroducing fruits and starches brought back my boobs. Yay! I like having boobs.

I'd tell that guy to go get bent if he ever said anything like that to me now, instead of feeling like I still wasn't thin enough. I'll take the curves and muscles any day of the week over skinny. My health got so much better when I stopped always going for weight loss instead of maximizing my natural physique. No complaints from the men either, they seem to like it too. And I perform so much better in tournaments now - I thought I was so healthy before when I was skinny and wondered why I couldn't get past a couple rounds without losing steam. I still lose these days in tough matches sometimes but not from lack of strength.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Yup, I totally agree. When I was at that skinny but weak stage, I would get compliments from guys who liked their girls really, really thin. I remember one guy telling me that I was 'at the high range of what he'd be into' but was still passable. Lol, I hadn't weighed that little since I was 10 and there still someone who was making me feel like I was barely acceptable. I had to starve myself to be that skinny and was miserable. And I always still had an ass (though the restriction cost me my boobs), which I used to think was a figure flaw. Not anymore! I've been lifting for a year and a half, doing lots of weighted squats etc and my ass is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. And now I look more balanced all over (I have shoulder definition and triceps!), plus reintroducing fruits and starches brought back my boobs. Yay! I like having boobs.

I'd tell that guy to go get bent if he ever said anything like that to me now, instead of feeling like I still wasn't thin enough. I'll take the curves and muscles any day of the week over skinny. My health got so much better when I stopped always going for weight loss instead of maximizing my natural physique. No complaints from the men either, they seem to like it too. And I perform so much better in tournaments now - I thought I was so healthy before when I was skinny and wondered why I couldn't get past a couple rounds without losing steam. I still lose these days in tough matches sometimes but not from lack of strength.
    +1 for pure awesomeness. but we really need pics, you know, for science and whatnot
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    It's good to see a recommendation for Elliott Hulse's videos on here. He's a strong dude and knows what he's talking about.
    +1

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    +1 for pure awesomeness. but we really need pics, you know, for science and whatnot
    But mostly for the whatnot.

Sent via lightsaber

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Oh I do, I work out 5 days a week, 275 lb deadlift, 195 lb squat, keep a pretty tight diet and do HIIT style cardio and while I will give myself strong, lean is pretty elusive. I work my ass off in the gym and it shows in my lifting numbers, but not so much my figure. I watch guys half ass what I do, and they admittedly halfass their diet and they do lean out quickly. I'll give that I am fighting many years of nutritional abuse heaped on my body.
    Can you really deadlift 275 lbs? Because that is an INCREDIBLE number for a woman if that is the case. Most men can't deadlift 275 lbs.

Lifting builds a great body but isn't the greatest for fat loss. If you want fat loss you have to - on top of the lifting - do conditioning exercises. I am experimenting with some things and seeing success doing this:

4 sets of 30 decline situps, 60 second rest intervals
    Exercise bike - 2 minute warm-up, 30 second all-out sprint at highest resistance I can muster, 90 second rest, 3 sets total
    3 sets of 30 leg raises on the dip machine, 60 second rest intervals
    Exercise bike - 2 minute warm-up, 30 second all-out sprint at highest resistance I can muster, 90 second rest, 3 sets total

It takes 25-30 mins and is absolutely brutal. You may wonder why the high repetition ab work - while spot reduction is impossible, I have read some convincing articles that you can encourage accelerated fat loss in the stomach area by increasing bloodflow to that area. The circulation in stubborn areas are very poor, so increasing circulation immediately before intense conditioning can potentially help pull fat from that area as you fuel your workouts. I am seeing improved definition doing this over the past 3 weeks and I anticipate continuing this routine.

I do this twice a week on top of my 4 lift days. So yea, that's 6 days a week in the gym along with a very solid diet. That's what it takes us average Joe's.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Damn magnolia! Strong girl!

I agree with you it is harder for girls to get the same immediate response to weight lifting as guys do. Less testosterone... But keep lifting and it will show in your figure too. I have only been grain-free/paleo for 1.5 years but I have cut out junk food (and relied on at most 1 serving of quinoa/brown rice/oatmeal and the the rest veggies/lean meat) for 5-6 years now. Every year I get a little bit better in shape...and in the past 4-5 months where I took lifting 10x more seriously is when I saw sculpting finally going on.
    Women have less testosterone than men and require less calories per day than a man of the same size and weight, so muscle building and fat loss both take longer. However, that's a very minor problem. Women also look much better aesthetically with a lot more body fat than men and look better with a lot less muscle. It is MUCH HARDER for a man to develop an aesthetically pleasing frame. It takes years for a man to build the "classic" beach body seen in magazines. A girl can do it in 6 months.

A man is a giggly mess at 20% body fat, but a woman can be a bikini model at that level. So perspective is important.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I cannot believe Elliot is not more popular. He is SPOT ON - he is about form and function, not about packing on 100 lbs just to gain massive amounts of weight to throw iron around better. Elliot is an athlete with a great build, and that's what I think people really want to be. Not many people want to aspire to be a powerlifter, so taking advice from 300 lb powerlifters that can deadlift 800 lbs or roided out bodybuilders that do 2 hours of pump-style lifting 5 times a week just doesn't appeal to people. We can all get to a similar level as Elliot - he's clearly all natural.

While we're on the topic of Elliot, this is probably the most important video I've ever seen on Youtube:

I have been taking cues from this video for about 2 months trying to correct my deadlift form. EVERYONE I ever see deadlifting looks straight ahead and has a screwed up spine. I've taken 50 lbs OFF my deadlift in an effort to correct my form, and it's really working. And my joints and neck feel so much better. Learn to lift! TUCK YOUR CHIN!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Can you really deadlift 275 lbs? Because that is an INCREDIBLE number for a woman if that is the case. Most men can't deadlift 275 lbs.
    Why yes I can deadlift 275. PR'ed at a competition this weekend. There are at least a half dozen women at my gym that can pull 275 plus. They all have great asses.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast