Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ChocoTaco369, this is for you: page 3

Akraw is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka5280 View Post
    I'm done. You guys are clearly not understanding what I'm saying here, so go ahead and think I'm wrong and we'll all just live happy lives ignoring each other until the next childish pissing contest.
    For the record, Eureka, you're the one that made this a childish pissing contest with your 'Thermodynamics explains EVERYTHING and whatever you say is wrong because it doesn't fall into the rules of Thermodynamics.' Thermodynamics is an incredibly complex topic that you (or I) cannot possibly begin to fully comprehend. That's like trying to explain why CICO didn't work using String theory. Why don't you get over yourself and stop wasting time acting superior.

FURTHERMORE this conversation was never ever directed to you. It's for Choco.

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraw View Post
    Bingo. you just made my point exactly. Thank you : )

In addition, some food could be interfering with thyroid or pancreas function. THUS you can eat the same exact caloric amount of McDonald's, and the same exact caloric amount of primal foods and get inconsistent results. That is my point in a nutshell.
    If that was your point from the beginning then I don't disagree with you. And frankly, I don't think Choco would either; so now I really don't understand the point of this thread.

Akraw is offline Junior Member
    And frankly, I don't think Choco would either; so now I really don't understand the point of this thread.
    I didn't make this post to ask YOUR opinion of what Choco may or may not think. If you would look at the topic of the thread it reads "ChocoTaco369, this is for you:". Nowhere in there does it contain your name. I really have nothing more to say to you. You're condescending and obnoxious. Go back to Call of Duty or whatever you do when you're not wasting people's time in health forums.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Akraw, I have no clue what your motives were when you started this thread. To slam Choco and what works for him? I doubt he will care. I lost 85 lbs on a 1200 calorie diet. I hated every minute, but it worked. If I needed to lose weight, I would eat lean meats, fruits and veggies while keeping fats and calories in mind. Not every method works for every person.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Whatever foods you chose agree with you and/or your metabolism. Unsure why it's such a huge deal to try and prove whatever you're doing.
    My understanding is that it's because CICO pretends to have the shiny veneer of 'science', when really it's just calorie counting and weighing yourself, and reverse engineering 'calories out' to be whatever figure it needs to be to make the equation balance. The principle also assumes that all calories 'agree' with your metabolism equally, it doesn't matter WHAT calories you consume, only their quantity. Of course, it's normal for you to be hungry all the time, because you need to starve your body to create the calorie deficit.

Whereas if you focus on things like eating to satiety (using foods that actually satisfy like fat and protein) and for hormonal balance, somehow you can eat a lot more calories, and without the negative side effects of gnawing hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Not every method works for every person.
    I think that starvation would actually work for every person in terms of losing weight.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by Akraw View Post
    I didn't make this post to ask YOUR opinion of what Choco may or may not think. If you would look at the topic of the thread it reads "ChocoTaco369, this is for you:". Nowhere in there does it contain your name. I really have nothing more to say to you. You're condescending and obnoxious. Go back to Call of Duty or whatever you do when you're not wasting people's time in health forums.

Lol. UMADBRO?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    And the lord spoke to them and he said, "Let there be horses. And where they lay dead, ye shall dig them up. And ye shall beat them and beat them. With stick and with rock. With brick and with crowbar shall ye beat them. Never shall ye stop beating them, so that man may live"

And this was the first Christmas.

Amen.
    The Champagne of Beards

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Lol. UMADBRO?
    I thought you were out?

Anyway, you may recall that I asked you why Sam Feltham gained weight on 5,000 calories of one diet, but not 5,000 calories of the other diet. Your response was:
    It's right there in the name buddy. Whatever food/energy was not used for mechanical force or replacement of lost tissues was converted to heat. THERMOdynamics.
    Which did nothing to address my question because according to CICO both diets should have had the same effect according to THERMOdynamics.

Unless ... you think that somehow the fat diet used a far greater amount of mechanical force or replaced a lot of lost tissues. Or are you implying that it was all burned as heat? (sorry for all the inferences, you didn't really address my question, so I'm guessing here)

Because if you are saying the excess was burned as heat, the obvious next question is, why did the high carb diet NOT burn all of those excess calories as heat?
    Last edited by magicmerl; 12-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Lol..Merry Christmas Mr. Bat Angel.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

Or are you implying that it was all burned as heat?

Because if you are saying the excess was burned as heat, the obvious next question is, why did the high carb diet NOT but all of those excess calories as heat?
    That is exactly what I am implying. Yes, that is the obvious next question. My answer is, I have no idea and I never said I did. I simply said the body obeys the laws of thermodynamics like every other mechanical system in our universe.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast