Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ChocoTaco369, this is for you: page 23

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    See how many low-carb journals complain about insomnia, cold feet/hands, fatigue, bonking at the gym..

I was somewhat lean on low-carb but my sleep sucked, my gym performance sucked, and I was just abnormally "meh" to everything.
    Instead of saying "low carb" all the time, how many actual carb grams do you eat? Most of the low-carb horror stories are from people who went too far and limited carbs to 50 grams/day or less. When they ate more carbs -- say 100-125, they were fine. Mark's PB allows for up to 150/day, especially if you're at the gym a lot. Above 150g/day is the insidious weight gain, key word being "insidious." You don't turn into a land whale overnight. You just gain a little each year, and suddenly you're 50, you're 30 pounds overweight, and you chalk it up to getting old.

If your body can handle more carbs and stay thin, well all the more power to you. But keep in mind that something that works for you will make someone else retain 15-20 pounds she doesn't want.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    You've never seen a fat anorexic, have you? Or a skinny guy who shoves junk food down his facehole 24/7?
    Anorexia is a mental disorder, so yes there are overweight anorexics--I've known a couple.

And yes on the skinny guy scenario, too.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraw View Post
    Well I'd prefer we stick to common sense and cause & effect aspects of weight loss instead of M.I.T. level science and engineering. Or perhaps we should just return to the old adage of "you are what you eat!"
    ''You are what you eat".. The only real world truth along side 'whoever smelt it, dealt it'

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    So if you lower calories, you do lose fat though?

I'm not discounting hormones, thyroid function, etc. I've said that here and been saying that for years. Again, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, and because of that you continue to look obtuse. I'm trying to prove a point to the "calories don't matter crowd."

You've never seen a fat anorexic, have you? Or a skinny guy who shoves junk food down his facehole 24/7?
    THERE IS NO "calories don't matter" crowd. its a straw man, nobody has said calories don't matter. They have said it's not the only thing that matters, I already stated this, yet you continued on.

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    3 - I haven't read any one say that calories don't matter. I have read heaps of people say calories isn't the only thing that matters.
    You have sprouted and defended a pure CICO experiment in this thread, but as you just mentioned and I also, there is more than 1 factor that effects weight loss so drop the stupid dumb CICO experiment, it belies your self proclaimed intelligence and understanding of the matter.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    My 500 calorie a day diet was hardly primal. It consisted of half a canteloupe with the seed hole holding a small amount of raisin bran with skim milk. Then a few bites of whatever my mom made for dinner, just enough not to rouse suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The one thing that really makes people unhealthy is the low protein diet that is SAD and CW. The bullshit we have all been sold is that somehow, a 3 ounce portion of protein is "enough" and that's a bunch of bullshit. You end up malnourished and eating too many calories in an attempt to get your protein. I swear I spent 20 years protein starved. I used to DREAM about steaks and chicken. Crazy shit. Women in particular don't eat enough protein. At our pre-deadlift dinner, as I watched 5 women chow down on burgers and meat, I realized I had never sat at a table with 5 women who all ate meat, the whole portion of meat, and specifically ate large portions of meat.
    This is so true. I just want to strangle all the college-aged female vegetarians out there, too. Wake them up from their self-imposed health holocaust. I spent a decade of my life believing the lies that there's enough protein in cucumbers and broccoli and no possible way to be deficient. What a horrible mistake that was. I do hope that when I'm an old lady I'll have strong enough bones and muscles to stay useful. I hope that decade didn't do permanent damage to me.

CICO theory causes women to destroy their health. Especially when it's laced with so much hatred for women who take up too much space. Even when we are normal weight, just by eating a big juicy steak we're taking up too much space. I've had to endure a lot of unwanted commentary just for such a mundane act.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

janie is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=not on the rug;1382263I'm not discounting hormones, thyroid function, etc. I've said that here and been saying that for years. Again, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, and because of that you continue to look obtuse. I'm trying to prove a point to the "calories don't matter crowd."/QUOTE]

This is completely DISHONEST. It is NOT what you have been saying. You have, in this thread, discounted anything that wasn't CICO, discounted the experience of a # of women who posted here including telling me that my experience over years of struggle was "comedy".

You have already shown yourself to be unkind and unsympathetic to others -- now you are showing yourself to be a liar as well.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    THERE IS NO "calories don't matter" crowd. its a straw man, nobody has said calories don't matter. They have said it's not the only thing that matters, I already stated this, yet you continued on.

You have sprouted and defended a pure CICO experiment in this thread, but as you just mentioned and I also, there is more than 1 factor that effects weight loss so drop the stupid dumb CICO experiment, it belies your self proclaimed intelligence and understanding of the matter.
    Blah blah blah...you're clearly an expert. Just another n=1 weightloss success story who lacks a clear understanding of why you actually lost weight. Keep believing whatever you want to believe. You're a special snowflake

Akraw is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    This is completely DISHONEST. It is NOT what you have been saying. You have, in this thread, discounted anything that wasn't CICO, discounted the experience of a # of women who posted here including telling me that my experience over years of struggle was "comedy".

You have already shown yourself to be unkind and unsympathetic to others -- now you are showing yourself to be a liar as well.
    I agree with you there. Of all the people who have commented in this thread (which is actually getting fairly sizable to my amazement) not on the rug has been the worst and the nastiest of the group. I guess someone has to hold the title...
    Last edited by Akraw; 12-15-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: quote tag fix

[QUOTE=janie;1382376]
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug;1382263I'm not discounting hormones, thyroid function, etc. I've said that here and been saying that for years. Again, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, and because of that you continue to look obtuse. I'm trying to prove a point to the "calories don't matter crowd."/QUOTE

Post #55. Its both. Calories and everything else. It all comes in to play. Just like I've also written in every other thread on this topic. Learn how to read before you call someone a liar. Now you are the one who is dishonest. And a name caller. I hope that makes you feel good about yourself

As for you specifically, stop kidding yourself. Your sig says that you lost 75lbs. Which is awesome. But you didn't just magically add those 75lbs. You ate an excess of calories, primal foods or fast foods. It doesn't matter. You ate too much. You didn't add 75lbs of adipose tissue by eating the proper amount of food so why deny it? Nothing to be ashamed of

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraw View Post

I agree with you there. Of all the people who have commented in this thread (which is actually getting fairly sizable to my amazement) not on the rug has been the worst and the nastiest of the group. I guess someone has to hold the title...[/QUOTE]

The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? I'm not here to kiss your boo boos

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast