Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ChocoTaco369, this is for you: page 22

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Three breakfasts:
    1. ground beef sauted in coconut oil with two eggs and spinach (500 calories)
    2. Turkey sausage with sweet potato, an egg and a cup of berries (500 calories)
    3. Bagel with light cream cheese and jam, sweetened latte (500 calories)

#1 will let me not retain water and keep me stuffed, but I'll be sluggish.
    #2 will bloat me a bit with the carbs, provide a lot of energy and keep me pretty full, but I'll want lunch
    #3 will bloat me and I'll want more food before lunch

No one benefits from #3, but #1 or #2 depends on the individual, but IMO, are equally healthy choices. I have times where I prefer one over the other.

The downside of eating quality carbs is that you probably will carry a small amount of extra weight that you may or may not even notice. Carbs do make you weigh more, but it's water, not fat. Fat loss, IMO, works best when you eat plenty of protein to preserve muscle mass, while having a caloric restriction. For me, your mix of carbs and fat on top of that protein are going to depend on what you want.

If you don't really work out and get hungry a lot and like to see the scale never go up and can deal with a restricted diet and don't need much food variety, very low carb works great. The downside is related to energy levels and a potential lack of food variety (ie, you never get anything sweet). Plus it can bring on depression. And you can eat too much fat and overeat (but it's pretty hard).

If you work out a lot, higher carb/lower fat works, but you will carry more water than if you were low carb (which might help your looks- my water goes to my breasts and face). You have way more variety in food, but it's easier to overeat carbs for most people. You don't get that constantly "stuffed feeling". And you will likely have more energy and feel better.

The one thing that really makes people unhealthy is the low protein diet that is SAD and CW. The bullshit we have all been sold is that somehow, a 3 ounce portion of protein is "enough" and that's a bunch of bullshit. You end up malnourished and eating too many calories in an attempt to get your protein. I swear I spent 20 years protein starved. I used to DREAM about steaks and chicken. Crazy shit. Women in particular don't eat enough protein. At our pre-deadlift dinner, as I watched 5 women chow down on burgers and meat, I realized I had never sat at a table with 5 women who all ate meat, the whole portion of meat, and specifically ate large portions of meat.

It's like women are not supposed to eat meat. I have a skinny fat friend who was so excited about a new Peruvian Chicken place, and I asked her about the chicken and was told " I get the avocado quinoa salad and never tried the chicken"....what the hell?

Well, this was all a very random post, but I think I just figured out my new diet- watch the carbs and fat, and eat however much meat I want.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Why thinner? In this situation, you would be not only consuming your body's lean mass, but you would be consuming excess energy calories that your body would store. Double whammy.
    Primal Bill gave the scenario, so I was working within the energy requirements of a man. 2000 calories wouldn't likely be excess energy.

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    3 - I haven't read any one say that calories don't matter. I have read heaps of people say calories isn't the only thing that matters.
    You are doing the same thing choco has been doing for months and that is assuming that, if we can prove that when eating a calorie surplus and we gain fat, we can automatically use that as evidence that the reverse is true. We can't do that man. It's not evidence. Eating double calories and gaining fat will prove nothing how to LOSE fat.

In a grok situation it is logical to think that the body would prioritise fat storage and have other strategies available to minimise the loss of valuable energy reserves.

Sent from my iPhone
    Really? So eat half the calories for a month and see what happens. I thought you'd be smart enough to connect the dots here. Apparently not

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Really? So eat half the calories for a month and see what happens. I thought you'd be smart enough to connect the dots here. Apparently not
    I'm smart, I've already connected the dots long ago. I don't have to do your dumb experiment v2, I've witnessed probably hundreds of people do your new "eat half calories for a month" experiment.

Guess what? The results are in...
    Some lose a little and then stall. Some can't last the distance. Some are successful. Some fuck up their thyroid. Some lose a lot, then gain it all back. Some lose a little, then gain more back. Some lose sexual function. Some have a massive energy crash/lethargy.

Doesn't sound like much of a ridgy didge, A1, fat loss prescription to me.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Discussing thermodynamics on computers because someone was unhappy about another person's opinion when he didn't consider the people with 'broken' metabolisms?

SO FUCKIN' PRIMAL!!!!

Mark would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    I'm smart, I've already connected the dots long ago. I don't have to do your dumb experiment v2, I've witnessed probably hundreds of people do your new "eat half calories for a month" experiment.

Guess what? The results are in...
    Some lose a little and then stall. Some can't last the distance. Some are successful. Some fuck up their thyroid. Some lose a lot, then gain it all back. Some lose a little, then gain more back. Some lose sexual function. Some have a massive energy crash/lethargy.

Doesn't sound like much of a ridgy didge, A1, fat loss prescription to me.

Sent from my iPhone
    So if you lower calories, you do lose fat though?

I'm not discounting hormones, thyroid function, etc. I've said that here and been saying that for years. Again, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, and because of that you continue to look obtuse. I'm trying to prove a point to the "calories don't matter crowd."

You've never seen a fat anorexic, have you? Or a skinny guy who shoves junk food down his facehole 24/7?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You've never seen a fat anorexic, have you? Or a skinny guy who shoves junk food down his facehole 24/7?
    Oh I know a ton of skinny guys that pound junk food. I know A TON of guys like that. I do not know any women that are skinny that eat a lot though.

As for fat anorexics, well, no.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Akraw is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    Discussing thermodynamics on computers because someone was unhappy about another person's opinion when he didn't consider the people with 'broken' metabolisms?

SO FUCKIN' PRIMAL!!!!

Well I'd prefer we stick to common sense and cause & effect aspects of weight loss instead of M.I.T. level science and engineering. Or perhaps we should just return to the old adage of "you are what you eat!"

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Bill View Post
    Exactly. It explains why people change their diets, eat more calories, and can still lose weight, without changing anything else. Of course there is a point where you can consume too much and gain weight, but its completely possible to eat more calories and still lose weight.
    Yeah, wáter retentions that mask weight loss due to hormonal changes that follows extended dieting! People after stalling lose faith in CICO and go back to eating more, re-feeds, hormones restores to normal values, and the body start dropping wáter, and presto the dieter lose weight again overnight. After such n=1 experience dieters usually lose faith in CICO forever and goes on-line arguing against the laws of thermodynamic on boards like this...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yeah, wáter retentions that mask weight loss due to hormonal changes that follows extended dieting! People after stalling lose faith in CICO and go back to eating more, re-feeds, hormones restores to normal values, and the body start dropping wáter, and presto the dieter lose weight again overnight. After such n=1 experience dieters usually lose faith in CICO forever and goes on-line arguing against the laws of thermodynamic on boards like this...
    Well said

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast