Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Sweet Potato every day bad? page 2

Martini is offline Member
    Shop Now
    In the sense that a optimal diet should be a little more diverse like eating standard potatoes or white rice occassionally eating only sweet potatoes instead is probably very healthy anyway. So dont bother if you feel good eating those all the time.

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    It is definitely personal preference. If I have too many sweet potatoes my allergies and sinuses start to act up and my sleep deteriorates. I limit them to once a week with lunch, pretty much a refeed day. Some people work better with more, some with less.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I think certain regions of New Guinea get 80% kcal from sweet potato. Their lifespan isn't great but they don't get the modern diseases.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

DavidB73 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TROLL265 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently including 1 Sweet Potato at breakfast (grated and fried in Coconut oil) every day.

Once or twice a week I will also make some Sweet Potatoes chips to cook in the oven to go with a Steak.

I'm only concerned as this has developed into a bit of a routine...just want to make sure its not a bit OTT with the Sweet Potatoes?

Thanks in advance...
    It seems to me it should all be in how you feel. If you feel amazing, go for it. The only thing you would want to remeber is that they do have more carbs/sugar than other things you could choose. As long as your in your proper place on the carb chart you are all good. I love them myself but since I like to keep myself low on sugar in take they are a once a week thing for me.

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    I don't think its necessarily bad... I could eat it daily (but I don't lol) and it wouldn't affect my health unfavorably.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Sweet Potatoes are very healthy, as long as you're not cooking your sweet potatoes in a poor fashion, or slathering unhealthy ingredients all over them, then you should be fine, as long as you keep it to one a day

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    If you can tolerate the amount of carbs then why not. They are delicious. I can't get over how sweet they are. An amazing thing about this woe is that things like carrots, sweet pots, squashes, peppers, apples taste amazing because I eat so much less sugar now. I now love veggies so much!!

TROLL265 is offline Junior Member
    PRIMAL BK - (cant find quote option on the iphone app)

Its funny you should say that as my sinuses have been acting up since I've been doing it, I have been sneezing a lot more and my nose has been running loads. I started another thread about red wine because I thought that could be the cause, but now you have suggested this I will stop eating them for a week and see what happens.

For the record, my sleep has been great :-)
    100% Primal if it wasn't for beer and wine...

TROLL265 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal_BK View Post
    It is definitely personal preference. If I have too many sweet potatoes my allergies and sinuses start to act up and my sleep deteriorates. I limit them to once a week with lunch, pretty much a refeed day. Some people work better with more, some with less.
    See above :-)
    100% Primal if it wasn't for beer and wine...

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Statistics have shown that people that frequently eat sweet potatoes have a 100% chance of dying at some point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast