Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! I'm feeling worse. page 3

Ariel C. McGlothin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Ariel,

I agree with the vitamin D3.

I also agree with eliminating all wheat product.

I agree with distilled water.... cold hands - cold feet (hypothyroid), and brain fog.

Here is a neat quiz to see if you are iodine deficient:
    As I said above I think I'll be trying to add vitamin D. And I guess I'm going to try to not get frustrated and just go back to eating lots of wheat. (For real, thanks to all of you for your thoughts and encouragement!)

And I will probably try getting both a shower filter and a drinking filter. Is there one you recommend? I've looked at the pitcher filters as they are inexpensive and convenient, but could not find one in a glass pitcher, only plastic which I would prefer to avoid. Incidentally, I do tend to get cold feet really quickly...

According to the quiz, I'm mildly deficient in iodine. I do eat a good bit of fish already and usually use "Real Salt." With the natural minerals in there, would that be similar to using sea salt? Should I look for some kind of iodine supplement as well? I guess I prefer to try to get my nutrients from food if possible, but realize in this world that's not always going to work.
    ~Ariel

http://arielcsblog.blogspot.com/

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel C. McGlothin View Post
    As I said above I think I'll be trying to add vitamin D. And I guess I'm going to try to not get frustrated and just go back to eating lots of wheat. (For real, thanks to all of you for your thoughts and encouragement!)

And I will probably try getting both a shower filter and a drinking filter. Is there one you recommend? I've looked at the pitcher filters as they are inexpensive and convenient, but could not find one in a glass pitcher, only plastic which I would prefer to avoid. Incidentally, I do tend to get cold feet really quickly...

According to the quiz, I'm mildly deficient in iodine. I do eat a good bit of fish already and usually use "Real Salt." With the natural minerals in there, would that be similar to using sea salt? Should I look for some kind of iodine supplement as well? I guess I prefer to try to get my nutrients from food if possible, but realize in this world that's not always going to work.
    Dr. Brownstein recommends 50mg of iodoral daily to detox all of the toxins that have been stored in your body over the years from Bromide (in bread), Fluoride (in water, soda pop, foods) & chlorine used by farmers as insecticides. Every cell in the body has iodine receptors and these toxic chemicals have overwhelmed & displaced what little iodine you had. 1st to go is the iodine in your thyroid, that is why you have cold hands, feet. You are hypothyroid, and only iodine supplements can kick the toxins out & replace your natural iodine balance.

All of your skin cells require iodine, and fluoride ( or chlorine ) in your water is responsible for for skin rashes & skin blemishes.
    Fluoroderma: Acne Caused by Fluoride Exposure
    http://www.celluliteinvestigation.co...luoroderma.pdf
    Fluoride also ruins your teeth:
    Fluoride Action Network | Dental Fluorosis

This is what we use to create healthy water:
    Amazon.com: Water Distiller, Countertop, White Enamel, Glass Collection: Health & Personal Care

Also the only way to get rid of fluoride is to use an expensive reverse osmosis filter, or else distill your water.
    You would have to eat 10 lbs of seafood a day to get 50 mg of iodine.

The Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout
    ( After 1 year at 50mg a day and detox is complete, you can drop down to 12mg a day for maintenance IF you can avoid Fluoride, chlorine & bromide in your diet & liquids )

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-11-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    More on Vitamin D3
    ===============
    Natural News Report:
    Epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency sweeping the world
    Dr. Kruse Report:
    Vitamin D optimization thoughts

The doctors recommend 10,000 IU daily for 3 months then get your blood tested and adjust dosage to get your blood reading to 70 to 80 ng/ml. Each 1,000 IU change in dosage will change the blood reading by about 10ng/ml

More research on Vitamin D3:
    http://tinyurl.com/Vitamin-D-Report

Listing of iodine deficiency symptoms:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Deficiency

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-11-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Bromide (in bread), Fluoride (in water, soda pop, foods) & chlorine used by farmers as insecticides.
    Thanks for all the time you put into responding! I don't think I would have a ton of buildup of most of those as I've made my own bread for most of my life, avoided any kind of fluoride use on my teeth, drank well water for much of my life and now live in a town that doesn't use fluoride in it's water treatment, have only drank a few dozen sodas in my life, and usually cooked all my food from scratch. But maybe all that is why I only show up as being mildly deficient?

Is there a particular brand of iodine that you recommend supplementing with? Are there differing qualities like with many other supplements, or is any iodine I find going to be good?

When I have a bit of spare cash that water distiller may be next on my list.

Have you had any experience with the timing of taking a vitamin D supplement affecting your sleep?
    ~Ariel

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Ariel,

Please do more research on supplementing iodine before taking the mass quantities that Grizz is recommending. Massive amounts of iodine can cause serious health issues. The signs of detox that are mentioned in Grizz's propaganda are also signs of iodine overdose. It is rare to overdose on iodine by eating real foods that are rich in it.

Normal dietary iodine intake is 100-150 mcg/day. The US Institute of Medicine’s (IOM’s) recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of iodine is as follows:

•Adults and adolescents - 150 mcg/day

•Pregnant women - 220 mcg/day

•Lactating women - 290 mcg/day

•Children aged 1-11 years - 90-120 mcg/day

•Infants - Adequate intake is 110-130 mcg/day

Iodine — Health Professional Fact Sheet

If you can wade through the crap, there is some good info both pro and con in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63393.html

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel C. McGlothin View Post
    Thanks for all the time you put into responding! I don't think I would have a ton of buildup of most of those as I've made my own bread for most of my life, avoided any kind of fluoride use on my teeth, drank well water for much of my life and now live in a town that doesn't use fluoride in it's water treatment, have only drank a few dozen sodas in my life, and usually cooked all my food from scratch. But maybe all that is why I only show up as being mildly deficient?

Is there a particular brand of iodine that you recommend supplementing with? Are there differing qualities like with many other supplements, or is any iodine I find going to be good?

When I have a bit of spare cash that water distiller may be next on my list.

Have you had any experience with the timing of taking a vitamin D supplement affecting your sleep?
    Ariel,

FYI - More about iodine & skin problems:
    iodinehistory
    I have so much research on Iodine that I sometimes forget what I have :--((

These toxins are everywhere. We can't escape them. They seep into well water from farmers using pesticides & defoliants. They are used in furniture, bedding, carpeting, new cars (That New Car Smell) used by farmers on their produce. Trust me, you and everyone else are loaded. You can take the Urine Loading test with bromide & fluoride testing here to be sure. However I think this test is better done after 1 year of taking iodine to be certain you are free of toxins:
    Hakala Research - Home
    The primary problem is that every cell in our body GRABS AT & STORES any chemical that looks similar to iodine, as explained here:
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Vitamin D3 & iodine should be taken in the morning. Magnesium & Vitamin C should be taken in the evening.

Doctor Brownstein Recommends starting with Lugols 2% iodine with 1 drop or less per day, and then slooowly titrate up to 50 mg a day over 6 months with iodoral caplets. Lugols or Iodoral & none other. Iodine & all required supplies are available at Amazon.Com
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

We love our distiller, and it is running every day. You should see the SMELLY YUCK that is distilled out of our well water! It is enough to gag a maggot! Our son uses his distiller on city water and it is just as yucky.

Iodine is not a health problem - there is a lot of misleading information on the Internet and the trolls like VH67 on this board LOVE to attack iodine.
    DR. COUSENS' BLOG - Iodine

Iodine is also required by men to prevent & treat Prostate Problems & Erectile Dysfunction problems.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-11-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    If you can wade through the crap, there is some good info both pro and con in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63393.html
    Thanks. Going to read through that thread right now.
    ~Ariel

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Acne Miracle

Posted on December 8, 2012 by Dr. Davis
    The gastrointestinal tract (GI) is the front line, the primary battleground in the invasion of this foreign and poisonous grain, modern wheat, against our bodies. The 10-20 milligrams of wheat germ aggutinin, ingested every day by wheat-consuming individuals, for instance, damages the lining of the small intestine, while the gliadin protein (the very same gliadin that acts as an opiate and stimulates appetite, along with other mind effects) “unlocks” normal intestinal barriers to foreign substances. This last phenomenon, unique to wheat gliadin, is an important explanation for why wheat-consuming people develop autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and systemic lupus.

What happens in the GI tract is often mirrored on the skin. The destruction of the delicate bowel lining, acid reflux, bowel urgency, pancreatic damage, disruption of bowel flora, and other GI-damaging effects can be mirrored by skin dermatitis, seborrhea (most typically along the sides of the nose), psoriasis, dandruff, dryness, itching, as well as a long list of more serious conditions, even gangrene.

Acne is among the commonest expressions of the health disruption of wheat expressed on the skin, something experienced by 90% of adolescents, with continuing struggles for many adults.

Here is Kelly’s story of finally being freed from the constant annoyance of acne with her wheat-free experience:

I have been a victim of acne for the past five years and have tried the elimination process food-wise to see what the problem is. Most people around me would say my skin problem was hormone-related but, truthfully, it did not make sense to me as a female to be in a constant ”hormonal imbalance” stage for five consecutive years. I did not want to opt for invasive skin treatments involving heavy medication to ”rid” the acne as that did not solve the problem really. It just did the esthetics.

I instead started the elimination process: eliminated all dairy for a period of time, then all caffeine and alcohol, then I got into blood types and eliminated some types of meat accordng to my blood type. Nothing seemed to work and wheat was not even a candidate on my elimination list, since I held zero knowledge on that front. I then got pregnant and more elimination took place (raw fish, unpasteurised products, etc.) and that’s when I fell on the Wheat Belly book (Thank the Lord!), not for losing weight in my case, but the chapter, ”Yo, pimple face!” caught my eye. To think that wheat could possibly play a role was inconceivable, but I was so keen on eliminating whatever was necessary to find the solution I went ahead and tried it.

Miracle is what happened. Literally.

Within a week, my acne on my forehead became ”inactive” and flattened out. My face was not acne-active all of a sudden. Every week, I had gotten used to a nice new acne pimple growing on my face–-and it suddenly stopped–so suddenly, I could not believe it.

It has been several months now that I am wheat-free and twice I consumed wheat, only to pay the price each time. After my wheat consumption, I had a new acne type pimple grow on my face: literally and unbelievably the day after! Could I be a better guinea pig than this? Putting myself to the test was the best thing ever. I am conscious that, being pregnant, there are real hormonal changes, and sometimes acne problems get worse or better, depending on the person. So I am curious to see once I deliver my baby, how my face will change. I have gotten the best compliments I have received in many years on the quality of my skin.

Health is certainly more than skin-deep. Eliminating wheat helped Kelly erase effects on her skin evidenced by acne, but it also exerts dramatic effects on gastrointestinal health–even if she does not perceive it! Losing the gliadin protein, for instance, means her bowels are going to regain normal bowel flora, resume normal bowel permeability and thereby reduce body-wide inflammation.

So Kelly has more to celebrate than “just” losing her acne: She has now been given back control over multiple facets of health!
    The Acne Miracle | Wheat Belly Blog
    More on Wheat with weight loss photos:
    http://tinyurl.com/Wheat-Health-Problems

Grizz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123