Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for T2 diabetics page 3

goodfriendsam Guest

sorry, i see now that i came off as a jerk

anyway, i'm type 1.. the only fruits i eat are when my blood sugar is on the low side, and then i go with whatever is around--usually dried raisins or figs. other than that, i don't really eat fruit, any more carbs than the minimum makes life tough on insulin. type 2's do better with fruit i think.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

no worries :-) Have you ever tried dried apricots? Those supposedly have a lower glycemic load than most dried fruits.

Quinadal Guest

Ok cherries are out. An hour after eating about 15 bing cherries, my BG was still 190

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Yikes! That's not good :-(

Quinadal Guest

An hour later, it's still 160.....

I'll stick with strawberries mixed with walnuts and whipped cream!

Elana Guest

LittleMissGrok, I noticed you're in Florida (me too!). I feel your pain with the absence of "local" fruit variety. Just an FYI; I go to Costco and get the gigantic bags of Cascadian Farms organic "Harvest Berries" (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries) and it's a huge bargain. I use them in my protein shakes or pour a teeny bit of milk/cream over them. The milk freezes to the outside and it makes an awesome frozen treat.

Quinadal Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think there's something wrong with my BG monitor. Yesterday, my mom's BG (she's T2 also) was 297 2 hours after eating. It's never been that high before. Almost every test since then has been over 140 on it. My dad's fasting this morning was 130 and he's not diabetic! Time for a new machine, I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123