Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for T2 diabetics page 2

Quinadal Guest

Primal Fuel

We weren't saying that everyone is the same. We were discussing which fruits have a tendency to raise BG, not that they're ALWAYS going to do that.

Licarrit Guest

Just saw this, I stay away from all tropical fruit it just drive my BG through the roof. I eat alot of berries and peaches. I've only been primal since the beginning of the summer so I haven't tried apples or citrus yet -I try to eat local and in season. I live in WI so I have been loving the Door County cherries (Montmorecy, not sure if that is the spelling) with no problems. I will say that since eating primal my BG is almost in the normal range and I have been able to lower the units/grams of insulin I was taking.

Watermelon, actually most melons are a disaster. Just water and sugar with little to no fiber to slow down the absorption of the sugar.

I also tend to eat the fruit in the morning or after I have exercised so that the carbs are there for a reason and not just raising my BG overnight.

Quinadal Guest

Problem with the 'eat local' for me is that I live in Florida. Citrus is local lol

I eat strawberries and blueberries, though. Both local.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

goodfriendsam, I was listing out the fruits that are okay for ME. And I resent your 'irresponsible' comment. We all know that everyone is different and reacts differently. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Little Miss Grok does test and was just seeking others experience.

Quinadal Guest

Exactly! You can avoid LOTS of problems if you ask around. I mean, if a certain food causes LOTS of diabetics to spike REALLY high, I'm certainly not going to even try it!

licarrit- watermelon jacks me up too. I love it so much though.

Quinadal Guest

has anyone tried fresh figs? I know dried ones are REALLY bad, but not sure about fresh.

I don't think I have ever had a fresh fig!

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member

I am also T2 diabetic.

I can eat berries, ,cherries, melons, apples, peaches, nectarines, plums.

I can eat mangoes and pineapple on occasion, as well as grapes and oranges. I stay away from bananas as they spike BS really high, even eaten with protein.

Licarrit Guest

Oh, god. I don't even want to know fresh figs are okay. I have no, repeat NO! control with them and just keep eating until they are gone. I grew up with a fig tree at every relative's house, yeah, they were all Italians. I can't even be polite about it and save some for other people. I would eat the trees bare!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast