Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clafoutis page

breadsauce is online now Senior Member

Clafoutis

Shop Now
    I made the clafoutis from the primal cookbook yesterday - using raspberries instead of peaches. It was very good - lovely flavour - but somehow lighter than the one I generally make. I really like the taste of the maple syrup. It is great to have a version that I can make with no flour - I thought it was goodbye to one of my favourites!

Today I shall try my old recipe, replacing 4 oz of plain flour with a mix of coconut and almond flour, and replacing milk with coconut milk and cream.

Next one will be cherry tomato and prosciutto - an all time favourite! A small amount of parmesan can't hurt??!!

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    I've made them with the coconut & almond flours - works great. Also try hazelnut flour/meal. Goes great with the fruits! I also made one with plantain & coconut & I seasoned it with garam masala. Interesting & tasty! I've found I like a slice of cold clafouti as a side to my salads. I am amazed at how satisfying & filing that is! I think clafoutis are turning into our base to go to for almost any situation!

merrique81 is offline Junior Member
    I made this one for fam and friends. The original with my own blend of curry spice. Wow wow wow.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i made one with dill, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and chicken, and it was awesome. my primal journal has a pic of the chocolate blueberry one i made yesterday, and i fully well plan on making one using the SoG BBQ sauce because i am the SoG BBQ sauce stalker. it is such a versatile recipe and i love it!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    We made the curry one from the forum and while the kids thought it was .... odd, Hubby and I thought it was really good. I toasted slivered almonds and added them to the chicken, as well as toasted the curry blend and let it 'bloom' in the cream before I finished it and ooooo so good! We did bake it in a 9x13 pan, and I think next time, I will double it so the pieces are thicker. Already planning another batch!
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

frgsonmysox is offline Member
    I made the curry one and the kids loved it! I also made a cheeseburger version, with ground beef sauteed with onions and garlic. I added that and some smoky cheddar cheese, the kids loved it! Any recipe the kids like is a keeper. I've made it with an assortment of berries too but I prefer the savory versions.
    ~Beth~ wife to Chris, mommy to Anthony Nathaniel, Anastasia Fae, Baby C, David Cillian, and Charlie George.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Hah! I got a banana + mulberry clafouti in the oven right now. Not from the book, I created it myself.

edit: I failed. My clafouti turned into scrambled eggs with fruit.
    Last edited by rphlslv; 06-16-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I have never even heard of clafoutis until recently!. I keep seeing people mention it but with all sorts of different ingredients. I guess it is just a base mixture and then you add whatever you want and bake it? Would someone mind posting the basic ingredients and how long to bake it? Thanks.

etsmom is offline Member
    Actually, just posted this question in a different thread b/c I couldnt fing this one. Guess I didnt look hard enough.

I wanted to make a fruit clafouti tonight but I gorgot cream when I was at the store this morning. I CANNOT go out again, so I am bummed. Can I make it with 2 c whole milk rather than 1 c whole milk and 1 c cream? If not, is there a different adjustment I can make (minus adding coconut milk as it totally upsets my stomach) and still be able to make it tonight??? TIA!

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    I didn't use the recpie from the cookbook--becasue I don't have it....yet! I found the one I used in the recipes on the PB forum.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast