Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should drugs be legalized? page 5

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    so you found him tripping one night? we need more backstory here.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

iorrus Yes, your friends are VERY important so things don't get out of hand. With his old crop of pals, they were young idiots. No respect for the substances, no right dose, they would get God knows how much stuff and split it however.

not on the rug there was a whole back story saga. It started the end of 8th/ grade, pinnacled at the end of 9th/ grade and we are entering back to normal land in 10th/ grade. His whole grade, according to my friends in the ER, police, and school are the most hard core class they've seen in years. Son got swept up in that. We went out of town a lot because he would get really, really bad once we were back home. So, tons of family vacations, signing him up for sporting events (thank god he was that good), keeping him busy. The 30 year old on my property with shrooms (that sent his old friends in the ER) sent me over the edge. So I said Enough. Snapped. Got the guy. Something "snapped" in my son that night as well. He snapped out of it and got A LOT better!

iorrus is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I agree at that age I'd probably come down hard too frankly. But the problem remains that if you're a bored 16 year old, drugs hold a strong appeal because they are easily obtained and offer a way to rebel. This is a direct result of their illegality.

After all the activity and drama the past couple years, DS will now relish "Bored" LOL.

the area i'm from experienced that quite heavily with heroin quite a few years back and apparently heroin use is starting to make a comeback. my generation (i'm 34) didn't deal with it, but the class about 4 years younger than me were the leading edge of a huge epidemic. several kids died of overdoses. several were put in to the system for selling it to the kids who died. the crazy part of it is that I come from an upper middle class/upper class area. these were primarily well to do and wealthy kids using mommy and daddy's money to do this stuff. we are 12-16 year old kids. my grade and everyone else usually stuck to beer and weed. nobody really got in to anything else until we hit college
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by iorrus View Post
    if you're a bored 16 year old, drugs hold a strong appeal because they are easily obtained and offer a way to rebel. This is a direct result of their illegality.
    I agree with that. illegality means absolutely nothing. in fact, it's way easier for an underage kid to grab a bag of weed, shrooms or coke than it is for them to but a 6 pack of beer.

Yes, my class we became cigarette smokers. My sister (5 years older) and her class looked down on anyone who smoked, but they were the cocaine class. My step-sister (10 years younger) was the pot class. My DS was the shroom class. What next??

Quote Originally Posted by Psychicsinlove View Post
    Yes, my class we became cigarette smokers. My sister (5 years older) and her class looked down on anyone who smoked, but they were the cocaine class. My step-sister (10 years younger) was the pot class. My DS was the shroom class. What next??
    meth or heroin. more than likely. those waves are hitting everywhere and they're hitting hard. perhaps if we (as a society) spoke frankly with our children about substance use and abuse instead of the "drugs are bad" and "war on drugs" nonsense, we'd see more kids staying away from the garbage and maybe just smoking a joint after football practice.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think the problem with banning anything is that one man's problem is another man's recreation. I know a TON of people who use mushrooms, pot and cocaine recreationally and cause no problems and are employed, volunteer, good parents, good people. They obviously don't have issues but enjoy partying on occasion. Frankly, I don't like being high or drink, or being around people who are high or drunk, but far be it for me to tell people how to live.

For people who do have issues, it's a medical/addiction problem, not a criminal problem.

One of the big problems I have with having drugs illegal is the crime it produces.... I live on the wrong side of the tracks in an area with a lot of gang activity. There is a drug house 6 doors down, which means a lot of traffic in and out and people I don't want knowing my habits. We had a HOUSE run into by a guy driving a car, hopped up on something, afraid his drug dealer was chasing him.

It seems like keep drugs illegal hurts society more than any limiting of drug access. We still have junkies, kids dying, people going to ER's, plus it's a lucrative crime, so we have people willing to kill/rob/maim to keep their business alive. No one wins except the "justice" system and high up drug dealers.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast