Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PrimalBeginner's Journal page

Wink PrimalBeginner's Journal

Shop Now
    Today is the first day of my primal journey. 177.5 pounds on the scale this morning. Ugh.

Breakfast: Breakfast Meatloaf- hard boiled egg surrounded by ground pork/ beef.

Lunch: Broccoli Beef- leftovers from last night's supper. My first primal meal and first experience with coconut oil!

Dinner: Chicken Breast (what I had in the freezer and the kiddos would eat) with sautéed peppers, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. All sprinkled with gluten free Cajun seasoning. Very spicy and yummy.

My youngest tried a bite of my breakfast and declared it tasty.

I did break down and had a few sips of a diet coke at work today, just to hold me off until lunch. I'm a diet coke junkie and it's going to be the hardest habit to break.

justme is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! That was a great first day, and your food sounds awesome!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Welcome welcome!

Don't worry about a few sips of diet coke, you don't have to be perfect the first day. You don't have to be perfect, ever. As long as you feel good you're doin' it right.

Also, I would like to come over for dinner. Your food sounds great
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Resisted temptation at work today. I teach elementary school and our day revolves around food this time of year- cookies, candy, etc. I'm going to save my treats for the really good stuff!
    A bright spot was a gift of a dozen fresh from the chicken eggs! I'm dreaming of a nice omelette in the morning.

Oooh, a fresh homegrown chicken eggs? That's a nice gift!!

Breakfast: another breakfast meatloaf- heated and tossed it into a cup and ate it at my desk this morning.
    Lunch: leftovers from last night's supper- Cajun chicken and veggies
    Dinner: Pork Loin cooked all day in he Crock Pot sprinkled with more of that Cajun seasoning (my hubby said 'that's only for steaks' I told him I'd buy another!) Brussels Sprouts baked then broiled with evoo and garlic, Carrots sautéed in butter, and Olives.

I'm hoping I've got enough time in the morning to make some of the fresh eggs I got today. Tomorrow will also be a meal challenge for me as I have a work related meeting all day and everyone will want to go out to eat.

Time to decorate the tree!

Two pounds down! I know it's probably water weight, but WOOHOO!

The way I'm eating should put me into ketosis, any suggestions on how I can know for sure?

You can get ketosis sticks on amazon, they test for ketones in your urine. I think Wal-mart has them too, I'm sure any drug store would have something. Or you can track your carbs and look for the symptoms - this article has a good description of the different phases and how to identify them. It only takes a few days to kick in if you're sufficiently low carb (under 50g/day)

I grabbed Ketosis test sticks during my lunch break from my meeting and I'm mauvey purple!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette.
    Lunch: taco salad with beef, lettuce, full fat sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. I didn't have any if the tortilla bowl it came in or chips.
    Dinner: breakfast meatloaf- sausage surrounding a hard boiled egg.
    Snack: I had one square of Lindt 90% dark- that was definitely a nibbler!

I felt pretty good today until after lunch, not sure if I'm experiencing 'carb flu' or that the sour cream didn't agree with me. Who knows.

I'll be retesting my ketosis in the morning, I hope I'm not eating more carbs than I think I am.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast