Thread: Elk Meatza page

tangentrider is offline Senior Member

Wink Elk Meatza

Primal Fuel
    I just made my first meatza--with ground elk! Topped it with Humboldt Fog goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, golden raspberries, and roasted garlic. 'Twas darn tasty. I'll be having this again for sure.

http://lauraswritings.blogspot.com/2...lk-meatza.html
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    We did an elk meatza this week too!! Our first attempt, it was quite good. I am going to change up the seasonings a bit in the crust I think, but it was a success overall. Did you use wild elk or domestic raised? Ours was a grind we do with wild elk and about 20-25% ground fatty beef shoulder so it holds together and stays moist when cooked.

Need to get that one loaded up on my blog as well. Thanks for the reminder!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    We did an elk meatza this week too!! Our first attempt, it was quite good. I am going to change up the seasonings a bit in the crust I think, but it was a success overall. Did you use wild elk or domestic raised? Ours was a grind we do with wild elk and about 20-25% ground fatty beef shoulder so it holds together and stays moist when cooked.

Need to get that one loaded up on my blog as well. Thanks for the reminder!

I bought the elk, pre-ground, at a small market on the inland highway between San Diego and Los Angeles. It's probably domestic raised, but I've no idea. It was good!

I forgot to mention in the blog post that the elk was seasoned with a bit of chili powder and some pink salt. (I had mixed up a whole pound for burgers, but then changed my mind and only made one--so glad, for the meatza was better than the burger.)
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.