Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Paleobird page

Beachgirl is offline Member

What Happened to Paleobird

Primal Fuel
    I haven't been on here in a while and noticed that I don't see many posts from Paleobird lately. Has she gone somewhere else?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Thanks.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Huh, missed that one, and don't even know what she was talking about. In my time on the forum- admittedly considerably less than many- I've never seen Mark here. I never got the impression he moderates it, or participates. Not sure why she expected him to, or why she got in a huff and left over it. It's a shame, because she was a good resource for all kinds of information.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Good for her.

Indeed, it has "gone to crap" around here.

Well, if it has gone to crap can you recommend another good site?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Aww, that's sad. Nice gal. Hope she feels well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Huh, missed that one, and don't even know what she was talking about. In my time on the forum- admittedly considerably less than many- I've never seen Mark here. I never got the impression he moderates it, or participates. Not sure why she expected him to, or why she got in a huff and left over it. It's a shame, because she was a good resource for all kinds of information.
    People send him emails about forum activity (or they claim to) from time to time. I think he peruses occasionally, but probably the Worker Bees (referenced in the site's blog, basically his web admins) patrol much more. They're the ones that deal with spam & reported posts etc. I think Mark probably spent more time on the forums in '09 or around when it was pretty new, but since his business is pretty booming now, he probably doesn't have time for us schmucks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Good for her.

Indeed, it has "gone to crap" around here.
    "Gone to crap" exactly how? Primal is not the same as it was 3 years ago. It has evolved. Mark has changed his stance considerably on many things he once preached. The simple fact is that ideas change and grow. The original iteration of paleo was extremely flawed. So was Primal. And you know what? It'll always be flawed, because it is a series of imperfect ideas drummed up by imperfect human beings. Primal is far from the perfect way to eat, but it is a great starting point for the individual to modify, as long as they are HONEST with themselves and open-minded. "Gone to crap" is another way of saying that better information has come along, discounting some core principles of Primal. For example, prepared beans are probably generally healthier than prepared nuts, refined fats, even butter and coconut oil, are very fattening and you can't eat whatever you want in whatever quantity as long as insulin remains low to avoid weight gain. These were core principles of the original iteration of Primal that drew people into this lifestyle. People have proven those principles wrong, and it tampers with people's idealistic beliefs and it upsets them.

If you come here for accurate information, this forum has become a better place over the years. If you come here looking for a safehaven for dogma, this place has "gone to crap," I suppose. Like anything, you have to dig through the dirt to find the gold, but there's a lot of gold to be found if you look hard enough and you're honest with yourself.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

janie is offline Senior Member
    There were some here who were pushing some very un-primal ways of eating. Most especially, I saw a good deal of "eat sugar and lot of fruit" conversations. Paleobird challenged such advice being given on this board, particularly to new people who were just working at getting a grip on a primal WOE. It went on and on and on, over a # of threads. I think she just got tired of defending the primal WOE on the PrimalBlueprint site. I, too, wondered why there was no intervention by Mark or mods when much advice that was being given was decidedly un-primal.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast