Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Paleobird page 6

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Haha, after celebrating my 150 years of age I will go underground and just sip a mixture of Coke Zero and lime juice through a straw until I dry out enough to be preserved as a mummie for ever...
    300 years from now archaeologists will dig you up and marvel at your preserved organs and muscles and flaming shorts

who WAS this man?!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Haha, after celebrating my 150 years of age I will go underground and just sip a mixture of Coke Zero and lime juice through a straw until I dry out enough to be preserved as a mummie for ever...
    Gorbag..you are leaving out the rum that I KNOW you add to it. It will help in the preservation.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Update:

I burned my cookies. It was tragic.

First, we made the cookies. Then we put them in the oven. Then i took them out of the oven to cool on the stovetop.

DH had been cooking before (tea and getting the chicken into the dutch oven so we get some crispy skin), and left the burners on.

So, of course, my cookies burned.

Very tragic. I don't have any more ingredients for it. I bought bulk -- exactly the ingredients that I would need for *this one* batch of 24 cookies. Dammit! LOL

Ah well, also made home-made gummy bears (gelatin and juice concentrate or fresh juice that you reduce down gently) and paleo fudge. I think I'm going to go a peppermint-bark-y fudge at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    no more of a strawman than this:
    the only thing i'll say to that is that while there may have been 1 person advocating gummy bears and soda (although personally I never actually saw it written anywhere), there are countless people here drinking bulletproof coffee and touting it's wonders (lol), eating coconut oil by the spoonful, and eating bacon by the pound. I've not only read about people doing all of those things, but I've also personally seen people advocating these behaviors to others. so I think your comparison is a little off base.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I don't know anyone drinking bulletproof coffee. It was a hack. I'm sure most who tried it, dropped it b/c their bodies couldn't handle the calorie load (some few likely can). Choco keeps harping on it but that doesn't mean it is true. There were quite a few threads promoting sugar in many forms including table sugar, Mexican coke, ice cream, etc. Surprised that you missed them.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    I may have missed all this drama, but this 'gummie bears' and 'eating pure sugar' seems to be pure strawmen to demonise some of the dissenting opinions here. I've never seen anybody advocated eating pure sugar on this forum.
    There isn't. OK, there are probably a couple posts somewhere out there, but there are THOUSANDS of posts where people are seriously advocating people eat tablespoons of refined, solid fat in order to help crush cravings for a tiny piece of fruit. That was always the norm - eat more fat regardless of what it's doing to you. If you want an evil piece of fruit, you should be eating coconut oil by the tablespoon and drinking beef drippings to make you so sickly full you no longer want an apple.

That was the advice around here for YEARS. That was the NORM. And people get their panties in a ruffle because people give the "thumbs up" to fruit and potatoes? This place has gotten much better over the years. There are trolls on every forum - go to a Chevy forum and watch the people trolling that love Fords and vice versa. Over all, this is a much more centered, regulated place than it used to be.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I don't know anyone drinking bulletproof coffee. It was a hack. I'm sure most who tried it, dropped it b/c their bodies couldn't handle the calorie load (some few likely can). Choco keeps harping on it but that doesn't mean it is true. There were quite a few threads promoting sugar in many forms including table sugar, Mexican coke, ice cream, etc. Surprised that you missed them.
    No.

It's the hypocrisy I take issue with. You can't say "avoid refined sugar," then promote overcomsumption of refined fat, like emulsifying half a stick of butter in coffee or eating coconut oil out of a jar. Both are equally bad and equally counterproductive. Just eat real food. If you want fat, eat meat, eggs and cheese. If you want carbs, eat fruit and potatoes. Why is that hard? Don't try and overeat fat to blunt a carb craving. That's lunacy.

There are a handful of posts spread over YEARS of content in this forum where people suggest eating white sugar. It would not even be a full percentage point in the total content of this forum. There are thousands upon thousands of posts advocating the consumption of refined fats to kill carb cravings. That was the staple advice in this place for years. There is a HUGE difference. You're comparing an incredibly tiny outlier to the rolling average.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    God it's like Voldemort. Don't even mention bulletproof coffee.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    lol the coffee-that-shall-not-be-named?

I never did bulletproof, but I did read his web site and got some good ideas off of it from other things.

During the era when Paleobird left, the majority of the posts were about sugar. Just because there are fewer of those than over the total age of the board isn't what is relevant. At the time of Paleobird's complaint, she was right. It was my experience, also, that there was a dominant push for people to have straight up processed sugar -- which we can assert is non-paleo/primal quite clearly. Eating extra fat -- while not strictly PB *is* a method of making up caloric deficiencies if people aren't meeting their caloric needs and have already maxed out their protein and carbohydrate numbers (based on PB). I don't think it's the right/best way to go, mind you, but it is more in alignment with PB.

And that's the difference and the point. Paleobird was about PB, and the board is technically about PB, too. And as soon as her majority experience was people touting refined sugar, she alerted Mark to it, and when she didn't get a response, she left.

Simple as that.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    no more of a strawman than this:

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    the only thing i'll say to that is that while there may have been 1 person advocating gummy bears and soda (although personally I never actually saw it written anywhere), there are countless people here drinking bulletproof coffee and touting it's wonders (lol), eating coconut oil by the spoonful, and eating bacon by the pound. I've not only read about people doing all of those things, but I've also personally seen people advocating these behaviors to others. so I think your comparison is a little off base.
    you've been here longer than i have, so won't argue the evolution of the mda mindset. i just did a member search for that "drink coke" chick and she no longer seems to be here. she was not the only one blabbing about it when i joined, but was so full of woo she specifically stuck in my memory.

web boards ebb and flow and there will always be a certain personality type that feels entitled to bully on the netz, regardless of the topic. it's not always easy to ignore when it's directed at you or when the sole purpose is simply to squash dissent.

there are a number of members here with a my-way-WORKS and they completely disregard the n~1 of others having success through different strategies. in late summer, the condescending presumption got tiresome for me too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast