Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Paleobird page 5

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Humans don't get a say in how nature works, no matter how reasonable their reasoning.
    The assumption, that the natural state is the best possible situation is pretty much the most retarded thing in the whole paleo movement. (not surprisingly it usually comes with anti-vaccination tardlevels)

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hmm. maybe I'll tell her it's been done now.

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    every body gotta have the last say,
    right now, I have the last say.
    no I don't,
    yup I do,
    efin insane.
    I miss her.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    "Gone to crap" exactly how? Primal is not the same as it was 3 years ago. It has evolved. Mark has changed his stance considerably on many things he once preached. The simple fact is that ideas change and grow. The original iteration of paleo was extremely flawed. So was Primal. And you know what? It'll always be flawed, because it is a series of imperfect ideas drummed up by imperfect human beings. Primal is far from the perfect way to eat, but it is a great starting point for the individual to modify, as long as they are HONEST with themselves and open-minded. "Gone to crap" is another way of saying that better information has come along, discounting some core principles of Primal. For example, prepared beans are probably generally healthier than prepared nuts, refined fats, even butter and coconut oil, are very fattening and you can't eat whatever you want in whatever quantity as long as insulin remains low to avoid weight gain. These were core principles of the original iteration of Primal that drew people into this lifestyle. People have proven those principles wrong, and it tampers with people's idealistic beliefs and it upsets them.

If you come here for accurate information, this forum has become a better place over the years. If you come here looking for a safehaven for dogma, this place has "gone to crap," I suppose. Like anything, you have to dig through the dirt to find the gold, but there's a lot of gold to be found if you look hard enough and you're honest with yourself.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    She got tired of people telling newbies, including obese diabetics, to eat gummie bears and table sugar and I think Grizz' return was the final straw. Many people cannot tolerate his woo-woo stuff and his obsession with iodine.
    I may have missed all this drama, but this 'gummie bears' and 'eating pure sugar' seems to be pure strawmen to demonise some of the dissenting opinions here. I've never seen anybody advocated eating pure sugar on this forum.

Also for the couple of commentors talking proudly about ignoring people; well done on contributing to a culture of ignorance. Even if you disagree with somebody, their opinions are worth hearing unless they are deliberately malignant. I've disagreed with many people here but I've never met one that is worth totally silencing their opinion. Frankly it reeks of "LALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".
    Last edited by AMonkey; 12-09-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i remember a few saying 'pound down the sugar and gummies', but i think they were being facetious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There was one poster who was given the "eat Moar sugar" rap that I remember very specifically. She was diabetic. She rejected that advice and the diabetes advice from her doctors, and followed primal. She lost ~100 pounds in 100 days. That's something I've never seen a woman do here. Clearly the eat Moar sugar crap wouldn't have helped her.

Carb flu was being written off, not as something to be gotten through, but as something to "cure" with sugar. Whole and healthy foods were being laughed at and replaced with processed supplements. Not as supplements, though, but as the "cure all" for long life and happiness. "Feeling good" was the only criteria for health. My apparently feeble attempts to show people that cocaine makes you feel good and so "feeling good" wasn't the only criteria for health was met with name calling. Paleobird's attempts to bring the conversation back to Primal was met with disdain.

The answer as to why she left is in her journal. The link is in the first response to the question as to why she left.

My perception was that Paleobird thought every forum/community ended up with a Grizz and I never got the idea that she wanted him gone. But I could be wrong about that.

From "stalker," to "retard," the minute someone calls names or insults rather than offering an opinion or citing reputable information, they diminish whatever forum or community they are addressing. Putting up with it enables it to continue. I respect Paleobird's decision to leave. But, I wish she would come back.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird claimed that I will grow tumors and cáncer from drinking Diet Coke and maybe that will happen some day, but another possibility is that diet coke makes me live longer and better than all paleo fundamentalists...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Paleobird claimed that I will grow tumors and cáncer from drinking Diet Coke and maybe that will happen some day, but another possibility is that diet coke makes me live longer and better than all paleo fundamentalists...
    you're being preserved from the inside out like the monks

Most Intriguing Mummies: Perfectly Preserved Human Bodies | WebEcoist
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    I may have missed all this drama, but this 'gummie bears' and 'eating pure sugar' seems to be pure strawmen to demonise some of the dissenting opinions here. I've never seen anybody advocated eating pure sugar on this forum.
    no more of a strawman than this:

where the fat comes from bacon, spoonfuls of coconut oil and coffee emulsified with half a stick of butter every morning.

yet ct drags it out on a regular basis, conveniently ignoring what doesn't suit his pretend version of high-fat/lc plan that some members here follow and thrive upon.

when i first joined there was a very underweight woman, supposedly following peat, telling everybody to drink coca-cola to cure what ailed them -- from weight gain, to cravings, to thyroid issues. i knew she was a whack job, but apparently not everybody did.

Also for the couple of commentors talking proudly about ignoring people; well done on contributing to a culture of ignorance. Even if you disagree with somebody, their opinions are worth hearing unless they are deliberately malignant. I've disagreed with many people here but I've never met one that is worth totally silencing their opinion. Frankly it reeks of "LALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".
    choosing to ignore a poster who irritates you isn't contributing to a culture of ignorance. it's no different than changing the tv channel if you don't like the show airing. they're also not being "silenced". anybody else who wants to read them is perfectly free to do so.

my version of the ignore button happened right around when pb blew up, i guess, and i had to take a break from here. the board felt hostile and full of crackpots spouting crazy shit. if you posted in disagreement, you were insulted. it's one thing to have threads exploring hacks and quacks, but muscling in everywhere and being downright hostile to other's n~1 IS ignorant. r/l can suck enough. i don't need to spend an extra minute with assholes on the internetz.

eta: in fact, now i remember! just the other day, somebody here called me stupid. why adults have to act like 6 year-olds on-line is beyond me.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 12-09-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're being preserved from the inside out like the monks

Most Intriguing Mummies: Perfectly Preserved Human Bodies | WebEcoist
    Haha, after celebrating my 150 years of age I will go underground and just sip a mixture of Coke Zero and lime juice through a straw until I dry out enough to be preserved as a mummie for ever...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast