Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cutting fat page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    jepp, there's a concept called carb100. think quite similar to pb...100g of carbs/ day, but you can "use" them when you want...I eat them mostly after working out, but really "need" a small apple combined with protein and fat for breakfast. hat would be my carbs then in the morning. Hard to not eat them at that time.
    Yeah, some people around here would call 100g "low" carb, some would call it "moderate." But it's nowhere close to 0 carb.
    The Champagne of Beards

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Something worth a try would be to first make sure you are in ketosis and then go on a crash low carb - low fat - low calorie diet for a couple days or more.. eating dry baked chicken breast, chunk light tuna in water - yucky stuff like that.. Should help maintain muscle and rip through fat.

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, some people around here would call 100g "low" carb, some would call it "moderate." But it's nowhere close to 0 carb.
    I think no carb doesn't really fit in with active people, lifting weights, HIITing regularly. In this case, I do believe in carbs in moderation!At least from my experience, just feel better, sleep better, don't feel cold so fast. Fat burns in the fire of carbs, as a famous german sports doctor says

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I don't know that anyone will be able to help you without a comprehensive series of pictures. For science.

Sent via lightsaber
    This is where the biosignature course would come in handy! With photos we could figure out what supplements would work best. Either way definitely photos would help.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    My experience with Leangains-style eating is that it is pretty effective for burning fat, even with going high carb on workout days. I cut down about 10 pounds last year while eating about 275g carbs on my workout days, three days per week. My rest days I would keep it around 50-75g. The main thing is being in a caloric deficit, keeping protein at about 1g per pound bodyweight, and lifting heavy.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    "but I haven't been watching my nutrition very well " you answered yourself.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    low carb or no carb????
    Each person has a different tolerance to carbs, I'd say low carb but some can get away with more and some with less.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Should she take lots of steroid injections too? :-P
    Yeah I don't think for minute Ben Pakulski would deny taking steroids and maybe HGH but the fact still remains that he is one of the most intelligent current bodybuilders and partakes in a lot of scientific research.

Ben is constantly looking at science based research and implementing it at the gym. He’s a graduate of the University of Western Ontario, where he specialized in the study of Kinesiology and Biomechanics with over 14 years of bodybuilding experience. That makes him extremely well versed in the field of muscle function and muscle movement. He’s a successful personal trainer, with celebrity clients and has been featured in many of the well-respected health and fitness magazines. In addition, he has worked with top coaches in the field such as Charles Poliquin and Charles Glass. Add in his work as a fitness coach and public speaker and you begin to see that Ben is committed to improving both not only his body but the bodies of other people as well.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    "but I haven't been watching my nutrition very well " you answered yourself.
    I meant as in terms of # of calories consumed and/or macros. I eat better than 80% primal. I can't eat wheat at all due to an allergy and most grains make me sick.

What I'm having a hard time with is it seems like my body composition just wants to stay put. I'm not sure if it's diet or if I'm not working out as much as I should. I hate cardio and spend my gym time lifting barbells, maybe I need to add in more cardio?

Also I tend to get dizzy and my low blood pressure symptoms worsen on anything under 75g carbs so much lower than that isn't an option for me =|

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    I meant as in terms of # of calories consumed and/or macros. I eat better than 80% primal. I can't eat wheat at all due to an allergy and most grains make me sick.
    Primal is great for general health, if you are trying to get to a real low body fat % you need to look at calories & macros because paleo isn't going to let you get to a really low body fat %. It'll let you get to a healthy one.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast