Thread: Need suggestions for pot roast page

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member

Need suggestions for pot roast

What do you all toss in with your pot roasts? Carrots and onions and celery are what I'm starting with. I normally make a potato with it and there seems to be a hole there. (Currently staying away from potatoes) I'm going to try making cauliflower rice, The Man said he'd try it. I was just wondering if there were other veggies that I'm just not thinking of that would be a good compliment to pot roast to cook WITH it in the slow cooker.

Also...we're big gravy fans. My old recipe calls for four tblsp flour and gravy master (which i noticed is mostly sugar). What do you use to thicken your gravy with? I've heard coconut flour is out. Any good recipes for pot roast gravy?

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    green beans and sweet potatoes along with the carrots and onion; zucchini and spinach at the last minute so they are not too mushy.

Instead of a flour thickener, you can remove some of the broth, onions and carrot and puree.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Parsnips, whole small turnips. Spinach is definitely good at the last minute. Mmmm, I love pot roast.
    For thickening I still use a tiny bit of corn starch, not primal but what's a Tbs of corn starch in a whole cup of gravy? nothing, and it works.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    How about some cow tongue
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. rphlsv, I don't think I'm ready for cow tongue yet, especially since my automatic reaction to seeing the words was ewwwwww! Lol.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrespryte View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. rphlsv, I don't think I'm ready for cow tongue yet, especially since my automatic reaction to seeing the words was ewwwwww! Lol.
    That's why it's good for a pot roast. You can cut it in small pieces and you won't even know it's a tongue.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>