Thread: 30 Days Primal, don't plan on stopping! page

I_EAT_COWS is offline Member

Cool 30 Days Primal, don't plan on stopping!

Primal Fuel
    Today is 30 days primal for me, woohoo! I feel great, and have been constantly learning and discovering things over the last month. I've experienced many great benefits like most people, but I'll highlight the few that surprised/pleased me the most:

- I'm much better able to control my circadian rhythm, and my sleep apnea has improved (though I currently still use the CPAP). Therefore, sleep quality and overall energy has improved.

- My energy is super consistent throughout the day, even into the evening on some days

- Bowel movements have improved (I'll spare you the details, but it was a significant improvement)

- I've lost 10+ lbs of fat

- My constant hayfever/allergy symptoms have quieted considerably (haven't needed nose spray or anything since starting primal)

- Hip joint pain went away completely (this was something new and concerning for me at 32 y/o - a huge relief that it's gone!)

- My mood, life outlook, and general mindfulness have improved considerably. I'm way more zen now, and it's awesome! I didn't even realize how stressed and caught up in the moment I was before. Wonderful timing as I'm facing some life changes soon.

Anyway, thanks for all of the sharing and support, everyone!

-iec

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! It's always good to jot down the improvements, so you can look back and remember why you are doing this on an "off" day (or week). Definitely start a journal even if you don't write in it too often. It's a helpful guide because we all respond to this diet differently. Have fun!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    Congrats! It's always good to jot down the improvements, so you can look back and remember why you are doing this on an "off" day (or week). Definitely start a journal even if you don't write in it too often. It's a helpful guide because we all respond to this diet differently. Have fun!
    Thanks Jes! I do keep a regular personal journal in a Google doc, but some of the details are a little... personal . I've helped myself remember to write in it with calendar reminders every 5 days. Amazingly most of the benefits were immediate or just after a few days!

-iec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Just a quick update - 5-6 months along, and down 30 lbs! Not much left to lose, being 5' 11", and 186 lbs as of yesterday! I'm basically at a good maintenance weight, stalled at 190, then started fasting to kick it back in to gear. Hopefully I'll drop a few more lbs, but not stressing it.

-iec

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Nice work! Are you working out, also?

Sent via lightsaber

Thanks anthony!

I do like kettlebells and barbell lifting, and have done it for 4-5 years (lower reps and sets mostly). Lately I've been super busy and haven't done any heavy lifting for 4-5 months. For now, I stand up at my desk, sprint up the stairs instead of using the elevator, and do pullups in the small office gym a couple times a week. Sometimes I'll also do some light db rotator cuff work (various bent flyes, scarecrows, etc). I was just thinking that I needed to bring in one of my 24kg KB's so I can get some getups, presses, and snatches in as well. When life calms down some, I'm hoping to do another run through a 5x5 type BB centered progression.

-iec

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Awesome. Schedule it in! My life is...pretty busy (I worked 10 hours on a side business project yesterday on my "day off"), so I calendar workouts the same as I do other appointments.

"Can we meet Wednesday at 3 PM?"

"Sorry, that time is already booked."

I just don't mention that it's booked for deadlifts.

Sent via lightsaber

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's a great idea! You're lucky to have that sort of control over your schedule. I'm probably going to break down and pay for a couple months of gold's so I can fit it in during my lunch break (hate to pay when I have a power rack in the garage...). Just wish it wasn't $70/mo without the year long contract. Maybe I should just start driving a bread truck and set up a gym in there .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app