Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pregnancy Primal -my best shot! page

vikyb is online now Senior Member

Post Pregnancy Primal -my best shot!

Shop Now
    I'm not post pregnant yet, or 100% primal. Just to keep it straight, I had a journal back around March/April when I needed to lose a lot of weight to be comfortable with having our next child. That journal really helped me to keep on track, and I managed to lose 20kg in 10 weeks! Shockingly, I also discovered that I was already 8 weeks pregnant once the 10 weeks ended... crap.

Advised by CW to eat grains, lower fat intake, etc, I did that, to promptly uncover gluten intolerances which I've never had before! Cue dear sister (who has nearly finished her diploma in dietetics) stepping in to help me with alternative foods. I'm self diagnosed, but when a single piece of bread can cripple me for a night, I'm not challenging myself! She has been taught CW, but with her living a long way away, it's easy to say this is what the dr recommended ;p

Over the first pregnancy, and this one I've been plagued with thrush. Treat it with a cream, comes back in 3 days. Take antibiotics, gets even worse! Seriously, if my hormones weren't doing the fantastic bung up job on my sex life, feeling untouchable definitely was! Looking into a lot of different resources and studies online, fructose and starches seemed to be diagnosed as the fuel for the fungus, and the best way I can get relief from my symptoms. Eliminating those 2 items hasn't been overly hard, and I have completely taken out grains as well. I do eat berries in yoghurt, but it's my craving at the moment! I haven't tried a topical application yet!

It has been over a week since I started not eating the extras, and my symptoms have gone from a 7-8 out of 10 to 1-2! Feeling a lot clearer in my head, still really tired (5weeks left to go will do that) but now I've got a really chesty cough that seems to be moving a lot of stuff out of my chest. Oh yeah, had to start taking asthma powder stuff a month ago to open up my airways, so thanks oral thrush! I just hope I'm not overdoing it and causing harm to bub, I'm thinking the cough is a low carb flu issue? Runny nose isn't great either.

Stupidly, I put my foot in my mouth yesterday. A lady posted in a fb group that she wanted advice on how to get her skin to shrink as she lost weight. I read it here somewhere that it won't go back until you remove the fat deposits from behind it, which makes sense! Another challenged me about it, asking if I did it (no) but then I stupidly go and say I will lose my 35kg by this time next year, and have no apron of skin to worry me..... pregnancy brain or what? I know I'll lose 10-15kg in the month after bub is born, I hope someone has some really great advice for me! Grr, I haven't been 60kg since.... 15? Half a lifetime ago!!!!!!

Thanks for reading, if anyone can point me in directions I could take, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I so thought I was going to be having bub last night!! Woke just after midnight with number 2 urges and back pain. Went to the toilet, laid back down with period type cramp. Fell asleep
    Now I'm laying down on my bed while ds has his nap on the couch, bub is stretching lots and sending lots of tingling pressure through my lady parts!! DF is covering all the reps for the state while they have holidays, he will have his when bub comes. Today is the furthest he goes from me, which is about 2 hours. DS was 9 hours, so he should be back if I go into labour!

Christmas and New Year were great, I don't think I put any extra weight on, just normal baby gain. I made most of the desserts with wheat flour so I couldn't have any, and the gluten free ones were very popular as well. Kudos to me! Did eat half a leg of ham though.

I'm in a state of limbo right now. I know once bub has arrived the weight loss will kick in so quickly, and I'm really setting myself up for great losses this year. DS is 4 in May, I can't keep up with him as much as I'd like now, have to get back to being dominant Mum!! The extra energy will help with a newborn as well.

I'm truly praying that grain free will prevent colic, it was bad with DS and made feeding so long at night, I was a zombie. I will breastfeed this one, add solids at 6 mo then aiming for 2 years. DS weaned at 18mo, and never slept through a night in that time!

My eating has been a bit over the shop, and soft drinks as well. I think my appetite has been out too, always have a fruit smoothie (fresh berries and homemade greek style yoghurt) and then later I'll snack on hardboiled eggs or carrots. Dinner is meat and veg, last couple of days I've had custard n fruit after. Love cravings...not!

So ready for a nap, it's only 11am. I made custard last night, must be the cornflour making me yuck. I feel so sapped of energy!

Ran out of berries and banana this morning for my smoothie, must go shopping....

Still no more signs of baby

Dim sims give me heartburn, that sucks. Luckily I have a fantastic roast DF is doing in the weber, I shall console myself with beef

It's a girl!!! Madeleine Jessie, 7lb and breastfeeding like the little Grokette she'll grow up to be

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikyb View Post
    So ready for a nap, it's only 11am. I made custard last night, must be the cornflour making me yuck. I feel so sapped of energy!

Ran out of berries and banana this morning for my smoothie, must go shopping....

Still no more signs of baby
    I've bought cornflour before only to read that the ingredients were wheat.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

igotthis2014 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I can't believe our bubba is 3 weeks old already! She is breastfeeding like a champ, regained birth weight in 4 days, and has put on nearly a kilo since birth.
    I'm slowly losing my own weight, really feel that I am not eating enough though.
    My diet has become a lot more restricted by breastfeeding, cruciferous vegetables are out because of wind factor in bubba, starchy veg are out because I am still fighting Candida, and absolutely anything containing trace amounts of any grains makes for green poo and tummy pain for bubba. The exception seems to be corn, so I've been having frozen mixed veg (carrot, peas and corn). Thankfully I enjoy it more with butter!
    Snacks have been hard boiled eggs and cocoa flavoured buttermelts. Can't eat much of them before getting full

Yesterday being Australia Day we had a bbq for lunch at friends, I had a hand sized steak and 3/4cup potato salad. The other salads were store bought, and silly me forgot to pack some eggs
    Bbq at another friend for tea, 3 lamb ribs, 2 small baked potato and small cob of corn. No wonder I demolished a bowl of fruit when we finally got home after 8pm!
    Breakfast was the usual: smoothie with 1 banana, cup of strawberries, greek yoghurt and full cream milk. Makes just over 750ml.

I'm keeping my fluids up, this week is supposed to be a scorcher in Melbourne. Luckily Bear (near 4yo boy) is going to Tasmania with my parents for a holiday where it will be cooler down on the beach. Mum can't wait to take him! I can't wait for him to go, so I can catch up on some precious sleep....zzzzzzz

LisaLS is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on your little girl
    I'd recommend getting lots of healthy fats while you're BFing. Good meat and whatever veggies you can have.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast