Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruititarians (especially Durianrider) page 16

justme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We do not enforce starving. That is abuse.

We ask that they try one bite, and if they truly don't like it, they are free to choose something that does not require cooking from the fridge or pantry. 95% of the time, they eat the breakfast and dinner served to them with no argument, they are always free to choose their own lunch and snacks ( no eating 2 hrs before dinner ) or the one bite leads to more.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I agree. But the idea that a kid who doesn't get to eat exactly what he wants, when he wants will grow up with an eating disorder is folly.
    I did not say that.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I did not say that.
    Well, you did though

My parents did this to me. In the short term, it may have appeared to force me to comply. In the long term, it only served to foster an unhealthy relationship with food. I'm guessing that since you are here, you care about your relationship with food, as well as your childrens'.
    The Champagne of Beards

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    I did not say that.

You said it would foster an unhealthy relationship with food

I said that my parents punished me by starving me as Neckhammer posted that he did with his child/children, and that fostered an unhealthy relationship with food. I did not say what RichMahogany posted, which was that I believe that not having my every whim catered to would cause an eating disorder.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    In our household it is simple. We prepare these foods, and the child then chooses whether to eat it and how much. But, and it's a big one, is that if he refuses main meals (fish, veg -- for example), but only wants dessert (berries and yogurt), he has to have a modest serving of the fish and veg, and then he can have the berries. We've only had this issue once or twice, honestly. It's not a common problem.

James Ming is offline Senior Member
    Yeah.. fruitarians and healthy vegans intrigue me. Their argument, if i understand it correctly (according to Jon McDougal) is that CHO in the diet is somewhat like exercise, the body adapts to it and becomes more efficient at processing it via hormonal responses. This adaptation is supposedly hindered by fat in the diet and bc of the fat preventing adaptation, the body tries to compensate with more insulin-->insulin resistance. Sounds plausible. But I still dont agree with it. Humans didnt evolve off of CHO alone, this is inarguable, and to live so now makes no sense.

On the other hand, what is paleo? I see it as simply a whole foods diet that shuns agricultural products. I dont think there is a single ratio of pro/fat/cho that defines it, and, whether or not there is a most effective ratio to follow, if someone is vegan and living on fruit, i would like to hear someone explain how that is not paleo. Durian rider always mocks paleo/primal and claims to have gone through it himself to no avail, but i sounds to me like he made the same mistakes that many others do. He seems to talk about the paleo diet (im using the term in its broader context which i just described) interchangeably with the atkins, and thats wrong. Sounds to me that he was eating meat, fat, coffee, and meat all the time. He never experienced the REAL paleo lifestyle, which i think works best when vegetables are of primary focus, and meat is almost like a condiment. He claims to have grounds for criticizing paleo, but really, he can only criticize dr. Robert Atkins

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    My parents did this to me. In the short term, it may have appeared to force me to comply. In the long term, it only served to foster an unhealthy relationship with food. I'm guessing that since you are here, you care about your relationship with food, as well as your childrens'.
    I don't think they should have relations with food. That only works in movies like American Pie.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I said that my parents punished me by starving me as Neckhammer posted that he did with his child/children, and that fostered an unhealthy relationship with food. I did not say what RichMahogany posted, which was that I believe that not having my every whim catered to would cause an eating disorder.

Lol.... you crack me up. Going to bed without dinner is "starving" a kid? Maybe you still have that eating disorder if you think that. Listen, if a kid can turn their nose up to a dinner made of healthy foods that everyone else is eating (usually a meat, starch, and a fruit....sometimes a bit of veggies) then maybe they just aren't all that hungry (in which case no need to cave OR make them eat)....either that or they think that they should be handed everything in life and there is no reason to simply be grateful for whats in front of them. Yeah, I'll take this opportunity to teach them early that the latter isn't true. Like I said, kids learn quick so its not like this is a frequent event.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-10-2013 at 07:07 PM.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    It's funny you think you're going to upset or annoy him, he thrives on people like you. It's people like you who have made him one of the biggest youtube money earners in Australia. If it wasn't for paleo fanboys browsing and commenting on so many of his video's he wouldn't be as rich as he is.
    Yep. Any attention for people like him is a positive.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast