Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over-exercising - The symptoms? page

Bear is offline Senior Member

Over-exercising - The symptoms?

Shop Now
    What are some common symptoms of exercising to excess?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Lack of energy and lack of desire to exercise are the best indicators. Trouble sleeping. Mood issues.

8 Signs You Are Overtraining | Mark's Daily Apple

Bear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Lack of energy and lack of desire to exercise are the best indicators. Trouble sleeping. Mood issues.

8 Signs You Are Overtraining | Mark's Daily Apple
    Oops...I think I see myself there...thanks.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Hard to know, each person is a little different. I'm incessantly insane and burn with mad fire. Only chronic pain and failure to contract, or risks of cramping, make me stop...but I like muscle pain. Feels like lying in the sun.

And this one dude I saw on a show a while ago actually reverses his metabolism while running and uses lactate as fuel somehow, he can't get exhausted even when he tries.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

gergirl Guest
    sleeping badly, no sex drive, eating too much one day, too little the next, weird appetite, no fun while working out, muscles aching, being moody, joints are aching, getting ill more easily, knowing that you'd better take a break but you don't because you'd feel bad, increased heart rate in the morning, being nervous without any reason...several signals so to say

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Walking with a limp/feeling hobbled. Allow enough recovery between exercise sessions!
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    When people feel that they are “overtraining” most of them are only “overreaching”, and that can be adjusted by lessen the volume or intensity of training for a week or two! Very few people will ever “over-train” in the sense this word is used in exercise physiology and most are undertrained and/or undernourished etc…

The Myth of Overtraining | Iron Man Magazine

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Hard to know, each person is a little different. I'm incessantly insane and burn with mad fire. Only chronic pain and failure to contract, or risks of cramping, make me stop...but I like muscle pain. Feels like lying in the sun.

And this one dude I saw on a show a while ago actually reverses his metabolism while running and uses lactate as fuel somehow, he can't get exhausted even when he tries.
    That guy is Dean Karnazes, and lactate metabolism isn't anything special. We all have the potential to do it. It also helps to have the aerobic capacity of a thoroughbred racehorse, but certainly not 'freakish'..
    And (for the question posted..) sore ligaments tell me i overtrain. That, and failure to get out of bed through sheer unwillingness, luckily both don't happen often.

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    When people feel that they are “overtraining” most of them are only “overreaching”, and that can be adjusted by lessen the volume or intensity of training for a week or two! Very few people will ever “over-train” in the sense this word is used in exercise physiology and most are undertrained and/or undernourished etc…

2 thumbs up and a cheer for that comment. Totally agree.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post

That was a terrible article! I might agree with some of it, but it was terribly written.

He tried to explain the difference between overreaching and overtraining, by saying:
    ... forget it- those bastards won't let me copy/paste!

by saying something like this:
    Overreaching is intentional, deliberate, for a limited time, and followed by a deload period.

But what if it is accidental, and continues for two months straight? Then you get people saying they are burned out, mentally and/or physically. Is that overtraining? Let's look at the definition... oh wait... What is the true definition of overtraining? I don't know, because that was a terrible article.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast