Thread: Hello, from Columbus OH page

GrandominicoL is offline Junior Member

Hello, from Columbus OH

Primal Fuel
    Hi! I am brand new to PB...just started this past monday. I had given up most processed foods and sugar in the previous month except for whole grain bread due to thinking it was 'good for me' as CW would like you to believe. But after stumbling accross Marks website and doing plenty of reading and research i have officially given up those habits. Well...at this point trying it out for a month or so and see how i feel. I am currently going thru what i have come to learn as the 'carb flu'. I have been tired, had headaches, and even a slight nausea...which I am assuming is normal?

I am an avid runner, though currently recovering from and injury, so I am interested to see how it will effect my performance. I agree that the 'non-elite' runners do not need the high amounts of carbs that CW tends to lean toward. By no means am I breaking an records at races i just truely enjoy the sport and hope this way of living will help me be more efficient and speedier recoveries. Has anyone who is an endurance athlete had any positive results by this?

One question i do have is about calorie consumption. I am not largly over weight, but would like to drop about 10-15 lbs. I am 5'1" and weigh 128lbs and am female. I have notice, while i have kept my carbs under 100, my calories are higher then what i am used to seeing? I have mostly focused on the carb counting and not so much the calorie intake...should i be doing both? I have not weighed myself since i started monday and was going to wait till then to know if i have lost anything or not.

I am super excited to be a part of this forum and am open to any and all suggestions!
    Thanks!
    ~GrandominicoL

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I must have totally missed your post! Another Cbus resident here. Looks like you posted a month ago... how has the weight loss effort gone?