Thread: P90X with PB page

Doug 3623 is offline Junior Member

P90X with PB

Shop Now
    Can I use the PB diet in conjunction with the P90X workout program? Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Yes, sure you can. You might want to wait until you see if you're going to have issues with the low carb flu though before you get too into the P90X thing. When I was three weeks into primal, I couldn't workout for about a week.
    Mark and a lot of us around here would tell you that P90X has too much cardio, but there many others around her that do the workouts. That said, go for it if you like.

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you certainly can. Depending on your weight loss goals, you'll want to be taking in around 100g of carbs a day just to start out with in order to see how you do. Daemon gives great advice though, you may want to just pause the hard workouts for a couple of weeks so your body can get used to the new diet first.

And remember - your diet discipline will have a far greater impact on your goals than any amount of workout you do. Do *not* make the common mistake of undereating.

Good luck!

Dan - on the fourth round of P90X

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Thanks, guys, much appreciated!

Doug

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-flu/

"Keep in mind also that people in low carb transition can genuinely shortchange their physical needs when they aren’t eating enough fat or when they’re pursuing high intensity exercise routines lasting over an hour, which send the body’s glycogen stores into a nosedive to the ground. I hear this from CrossFitters and P90Xers who insist on maintaining their daily high intensity while transitioning to Primal eating. This isn’t to say that you can’t exercise more intensely for longer on a Primal diet (although there’s no real need to for perfectly solid fitness), but more than an hour’s time for most folks requires some extra carbs when glycogen is depleted. If you’re bothered by the mental fog even without intensive exercise, ease up on your carb restriction by adding 25 grams or so to see if it makes a difference. Listen to your body and gauge your sensitivity. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you’re not going to compromise your overall benefit by taking it slowly."
    Last edited by cillakat; 06-12-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Mark's words, not mine.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Thank you, cillakat, that's good advice.

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I def. think you can because i'm doing it right now. However when it comes to the more cardio-centric days i either take it a little slower pace or cut it off if i feel like i'm doing too much. If you are new to the PB way, then i could see how having those carbs could help, but right now i'm changing nothing about my diet for the program, and its working out fine.