Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meat heaven-help me choose/cook? page 2

Autumn is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Meat heaven? Ohh, you lucky b****

Heart (our favorite in this household, but we can only get pig hart). Clean and cut into 1 centimeters thick lengths. Give it a quick fry until they are brown and gorgeous. A good grind of black/white pepper. Add water until covered and boil for 3 hours. Remember to add water all the time! Parsley is good with heart and the water you boiled the hearts in can be used for multiple purposes.

Liver can be made the same way. Or on a grill. Second day liver (placed in the water they were coocked in (or a sauce) over night) is good too. Takes a bit of that dryness out af the liver. I also use these two types of meat as cold snacks or in a salad.

Autumn

mjoshuahill is offline Member
    Homemade haggis maybe. Lungs, heart and kidneys chopped up and seasoned, with some almond flour as binder and shoved into a stomach and baked for a few hours. Might work quite well. I want to try it now.
    It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Birmingham, eh?

Goat - find a Carribean curry goat recipe.
    Kidney - dunno, but wash it WELL!
    Chicken feet make a fantastic stock, I got mine already skinned, you've gotta trim the claws off too though...
    Baked marrow bones were on MDA's main page recently

Oooooooh so jealous!
    Where is it?
    Might have to hop on a train. With a biiiig freezer bag....

Thanks for the ideas; i've cooked liver and heart before so i'm alright on those.
    Very keen on the haggis idea so i think i might try that sometime soon. I also found goats heads Wouldnt know what the hell to use that for!
    Also, intestines? chicken gizzards? pigs tails? Goodness me!
    Yesterday I bought the most amazing 'airch bone steak' which is just the most beautiful chunk of meat I have ever seen; just a big red slab...

For those asking whereabouts it is; The Bullring markets in Birmingham is where you need to be...
    Last edited by Paleo Butterfly Boy; 06-12-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12