Thread: Lazy liver - if there is such a thing page

QcGal is offline Junior Member

Lazy liver - if there is such a thing

I have tried looking this question up but I end up getting a lot of liver recipes… So here goes:

I have always been told that I had a lazy liver. It seems to be a family thing (or is that we all ate SAD?)
    Now that I am eating Primal, I noticed that I have had zero heartburn (which is amazing) even though I eat a lot of fat. However, my liver, from times to times, seems to still be having a hard time.

I wake up during the night with a splitting headache, all in sweats, wanting to throw up. It lasts for 30 to 60 minutes, then I go back to sleep but I wake up feeling sick. It is exactly the same thing hat used to happen to me when I was eating an extra 4th pizza slice or a third serving of french fries… although now I dont ever eat like that anymore and it seems to happen when I have a day that involves a lot of coconut milk.

When it happens, I fast through supper and then I have a big salad with avocado and olive oil as my only meal of the day, with a lot of water. Then I am fine, no more feeling sick.

Anyone else having a lazy liver? What can I do to help out mine?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Most people do fine eating right before bed. But with problems like that I'm inclined to ask, how long do you personally wait after eating before laying down? Have you tried at least five hours?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, that sounds like gall stones. And they do run in families. Have you been checked?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

QcGal is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Right. Sometimes I eat around 8 pm and go to bed at 10 or 10:30. I did that yesterday and had a very bad night.

As for gall stones… yikes! That sounds scary!

I'll look into that. Thanks!