Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: American Weaponry page 48

Jarrod Schroeder is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    ^^^^^^ Yep, so round up bad people. Done.
    How can I tell who the Bad People are?

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Schroeder View Post
    How about literacy tests prior to voting? Or poll taxes? We just HAVE to make sure we have the "right kind" of electorate, right? We don't want the "wrong" people having a vote, do we?
    I don't want people who don't know how to handle guns to own guns, no. People who don't know how to handle guns but own them anyways seem to have played way to much grand theft auto for me to be comfortable with the idea, seen from a general basis.

I really don't see how that is such a big dilemma for people. Individual votes don't kill. Poll taxes won't kill (not directly anyways :P). I'm not against people owning guns, but a much too liberal gun law will not put an end to the issue that the nation of America actually have. The anti's isn't going to give up, because they have a very valid point. They go about it in a dumb way, but they do have a point.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I didn't bookmark the page, but I'm sure it's easily googled. Actually, the percentage of homes that report owning guns is down from the 1970s. Then, 50% of homes had guns; now about 30%. Some of the reasons given are more single person homes, and more women living alone as men are five times more likely to own a gun as are women.

I would like to see gun ownership be as common as car ownership. To people in other countries: your opinions are valid because you are human, but your input into our country's laws are null because you can't vote and you don't live here. Clean up your own house first.

If it is true (and apparently enough links have been posted that it is) that most gun crimes are committed with illegal guns, it is just political b.s. to make guns illegal. It's illogical.

As a note, for all but about six years in my life, there hasn't been a gun in my home. I don't take that as a license to tell other people what to do. Laws only work when they are reasonable. They're only just when they punish negative behavior. Anything else is just the need to stay a child by replacing your parents with the government. Grow up, learn how to behave, and you'll need the government for almost nothing except a military and some interstate roads. And maybe some trade agreements.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    I don't want people who don't know how to handle guns to own guns, no. People who don't know how to handle guns but own them anyways seem to have played way to much grand theft auto for me to be comfortable with the idea, seen from a general basis.

I really don't see how that is such a big dilemma for people. Individual votes don't kill. Poll taxes won't kill (not directly anyways :P). I'm not against people owning guns, but a much too liberal gun law will not put an end to the issue that the nation of America actually have. The anti's isn't going to give up, because they have a very valid point. They go about it in a dumb way, but they do have a point.
    And the point is?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    And the point is?
    TL;DR; I think some sort of actual gun regulation would actually solve your issue.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    TL;DR; I think some sort of actual gun regulation would actually solve your issue.
    I agree. Criminals and the mentally ill should not be allowed to have guns.

Which is already the law.

So what now?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

quikky is offline Senior Member
    What is our issue?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Schroeder View Post
    How can I tell who the Bad People are?
    They look and dress like orcs from the movies based off J.R.R. Tolkien books of course.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

So what now?
    Yup. How?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

So what now?
    Make sure criminals can't actually get guns. By regulating them and getting background checks for people who want to buy legally, which would be nice a start. I don't know in what state you live in or the laws of it, but I have plenty of friends with felonies, weird meds and alcohol issues who could just walk into a gun store with money and leave with less money and a gun. Hell I have friends who aren't even american citizens (and therefore have no easily accessible criminal records) who did the same. Those were legal gun stores.

It doesn't matter what laws you have if they are not being followed. If they're not being followed, you go in heavy on the regulations, the control checks, and heavy punishment by law for people who break those laws.

Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast