Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCOS vs Paleo page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post

AnnieH - I think you might be right about the weights, and exercise in general. High intensity exercise in short bursts regularly. I'm going to try to aim for doing that 3 times a week AT LEAST for the first week or two and step it up, maybe put in some weights too to burn off the extra. In regards to the pork belly meal, I just meant that I'll fry off the pork belly to get the fat crispy in coconut oil first then put it in the oven. I'm not sure generally how to 'put more fat' into my diet if that makes sense. I'm a bit confused by the 'eat more fat and calories' vs 'keep track and don't go over a certain amount' what would you say is the best thing to do there?

Also, could you both give me an idea of a 'days eats' for you? I'd really be intrigued to hear what you eat, portions, snacks etc.

Thanks so much both, feeling supported!
    Hi again, Screamer. I think you've had some good conversation with Weaverchick and NOoodletoy.

If you dip into my journals (links below), you will see the kinds of foods I eat. Even I myself have only the vaguest idea on quantities as I don't really measure anything, but I can count eggs and bananas etc so here is an estimate.

Breakfast: Three button mushrooms and one leaf of silver beet sliced and fried in "about" 1tsp butter. Two eggs beaten with "some" (maybe 1/4 C?) raw whole milk, and seasonings. Scramble the eggs, top with the veges and sprinkle with "some" (maybe 1-2 T?) grated cheese.

Lunch: Two thick slices of ham (? 125g or likely more) with chutney (perhaps 1T), six slices of cucumber each with a piece of cheese on top, three or four strips of capsicum. A handful or two of raisins and some pieces (?6 or so during the afternoon) of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Pumpkin soup made with onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, pumpkin, salt, pepper and real chicken stock, garnished with fresh cut chives and a drizzle of coconut cream. I ate two bowls perhaps equivalent to two or three cups. Absolutely no idea how many calories or carbs etc in it! To be honest I was still a bit hungry so I snacked at supper which I usually don't - chunk of cheese (?25g or more), a small apple, small apricot, couple more squares of chocolate. None of this I would have done during weight loss phase, but I am trying to maintain now.

This probably not much help, but who knows? All the best

PS Also there was a bit more ham in the pumpkin soup, about half a slice cut in chunks and then divided among several servings so I didn't personally get much, lol.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You have heard from the TROLL, and you have seen the Doctor Reports from Dr. Brownstein & Dr. Buist. There are many more Doctor reports to be found here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

It is for you to decide: Listen to the TROLL or listen to the Doctors who have years of experience treating female diseases with iodine. We also have this wonderful book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

PS) I'm not going to engage this TROLL in a fight, as Trolls always try to provoke. Do your own research & read the books to make up your own mind. List of additional books here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-books

There you have it: 1 Troll against many Doctors. If I were suffering a female disease, I would be seriously reading the books I listed. We also have women in our neighborhood who cured their female diseases with iodine, after reading the "Iodine Crises Book," they took action. 2 cases of Fibrocystic Breast disease cured in less than 1 month, and 1 case of terminal uterus cancer put into remission in 9 months.

Grizz
    Grizz thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with his frequently extreme opinions is a troll. He screams it frequently, apparently not understanding the term. I'd be very cautious about taking his iodine advice as there is no solid science behind it and it could do you harm.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Screamer, I do not have PCOS but I actually found that bicycle commuting triggered weight gain for me, as did jogging (or sometimes I would do both!) All it did was make me really hungry. I know some ladies can get really thin running, but I'm not one of them. I lift weights and sprint now and even though that also makes me hungry, the result seems to be that I just build a little muscle and otherwise stay about the same size.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You have heard from the TROLL, and you have seen the Doctor Reports from Dr. Brownstein & Dr. Buist. There are many more Doctor reports to be found here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

It is for you to decide: Listen to the TROLL or listen to the Doctors who have years of experience treating female diseases with iodine. We also have this wonderful book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

PS) I'm not going to engage this TROLL in a fight, as Trolls always try to provoke. Do your own research & read the books to make up your own mind. List of additional books here:

There you have it: 1 Troll against many Doctors. If I were suffering a female disease, I would be seriously reading the books I listed. We also have women in our neighborhood who cured their female diseases with iodine, after reading the "Iodine Crises Book," they took action. 2 cases of Fibrocystic Breast disease cured in less than 1 month, and 1 case of terminal uterus cancer put into remission in 9 months.

Grizz
    i've told you repeatedly that i have pcos and iodine is part of my vitamin intake and i still have pcos

she's not a troll, she's a woman with actual personal experience

i wish you'd hush with the yelling about trolls
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i've told you repeatedly that i have pcos and iodine is part of my vitamin intake and i still have pcos

she's not a troll, she's a woman with actual personal experience

i wish you'd hush with the yelling about trolls
    Bloodorchid,
    How much iodine are you taking daily and what co-supplements are you taking? I have asked you before and you have yet to answer.

The iodine doctors have years of proven success with iodine, and we have testimonials reporting one success after another with iodine, see Cysts & PCOS.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

Also, several good books on this subject written by doctors:

Dr. Buist writes:
    Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: Yahoo Groups

About the owner: I am a 13 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor & Health Coach too. Join us!

To your health!

Stephanie
    Yahoo Groups
    Yahoo Groups
    Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-09-2013 at 04:31 AM.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    The difficulty in saying any one thing treats PCOS is that no one knows what causes it, it is not the same in every woman and we all respond to treatments differently. What treatments are used also depend on where you are in life and your age.
    Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) At A Glance - MedicineNet

I take metformin for my PCOS and have had good results but I know of women who it didn't work for. Inositol, either type, did not work for me but it worked wonders for others.

Taking mass doses of anything is not good for you, in my opinion. Our bodies like balance and work hard to keep it. And taking extreme doses of anything throws off that balance. I know that is a very simple explanation but I am a simple person. If you want to increase your iodine, try doing it with food first as it is far more difficult to overdose that way. Foods High in Iodine

The symptoms of iodine poisoning are similar to the symptoms of iodine detox so you could be oding on it when the iodine pushers are telling you to just iodine harder. Iodine poisoning: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

If women want to try massive iodine supplementation, they should do it knowing that it is not a cure and it has risks. The stories of cysts that disappear are probably not related to iodine because as those of us that get them on a regular basis know, most cycts resolve on their own without intervention. I have had four this year that went away on their own.

I would also recommend reading the lengthy iodine thread for the good, the ad and the ugly on iodine. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205.html

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    am also of a mind that supplementing with mad doses of iodine pose more risk for harm than good. i do eat seaweed several times per week and do supplement with k2, magnesium and d3. the first two are tough to get enough of with modern food and as for enough d, i live in new england, so that. those 3 are super important for other bodily processes to work well and as intended.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Grizz is offline Banned
    41ZrJUypCSL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Book Reviews

Thanks to environmental pollutants Iodine deficiency has become a worldwide epidemic. Everybody knows pollutants cause cancer. What they don't know is that these pollutants cause a deficiency that can make us sick, fat and stupid. Iodized salt--supposedly a solution to iodine deficiency-- is actually a nutritional scam which provides a false sense of security. The Iodine Crisis explains how we became so deficient, then shows the time-tested solution to reversing many conditions. Lynne Farrow reveals how she and thousands of other patient-activists changed their lives by researching and using iodine. Frequently Asked Questions cover everything you need to know about iodine. The proof of iodine's benefit is demonstrated by the dramatic case studies shared in this book.

About the Author
    Lynne Farrow is a whistle blower. She is also a journalist, researcher, former college professor and speaker. Her own experience with breast cancer led to the discovery that someone had stolen a medicine with proven benefits reaching back 15,000 years. A medicine that not only helped her, but has helped millions. She currently serves as the Director of Breast Cancer Choices, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the scrutinizing the evidence for breast cancer procedures and treatments. Lynne is the editor of IodineResearch.com, where she has compiled materials for both beginning and advanced iodine investigators. Visit Lynne's website at LynneFarrow.net

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Radio Interview with Lynne Farrow, author of The Iodine Crises.

Radio interview: The Iodine Crisis by Lynne Farrow

Grizz

Screamer is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So here's the thing, I tried to count the calories but there's no real app for counting carbs, so I pretty much need to count them on an estimate myself. Anyone know of a carb counting app?

Trying to eat more fat though and have upped the exercise. off to a good start!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast