Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCOS vs Paleo page 2

weaverchick is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i think you're confused about the 100 gms of veggies. she means total carbs, not 100 gms in weight.

it may be helpful for you to track your foods for a bit. i like cronometer for this. find out what you're actually eating and then make changes. without data you're just winging it. eat plenty of animal protein because it is the most sating of the macros. round out your plate with lc veggies and you're good for now.

no need to fear fatty cuts like pork belly, but eegads cooking it in oil is really overkill. just run it under the broiler to crisp it up.

on other boards i have seen many women with pcos do better and eventually conceive with going lc. (dunno if you're trying?) cut the starchy veg for now and go easy on the fruit. if you can't eat moderate portions of certain foods, like nuts, stop buying them.

i am 5'-1.5" tall, so am a shorty as well. most days i eat twice. breakfast was just 3 eggs cooked in 1T of butter. topped with 1T of taramasalata and 1/2 an avocado. that's about 500 cals. dinner will likely will be 6-8 oz ground veal with roasted cabbage, followed by some full -fat yogurt with unsweetened coca mixed in.

you're small and sedentary. you don't need a lot of food.
    Perfectly said!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Screamer is offline Member
    That sounds great. I'm a bit confused still about the 100 grams of carbs though, could i just confirm that it's 100grams per day of all carbs? I guess I just think that when we're talking about carbs, we're talking about vegetables as what else do we eat in paleo that is carbs? Sorry that sounds like a really dumb question but i'm genuinely asking...

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    yes 100 gms worth of carbs. depending on the vegetables you choose, that could actually be several pounds worth, lol.

for example 100 gms of turnip is only 6 carbs. 100 gms of spinach is 4 carbs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Screamer is offline Member
    Oh i SEE!!! Jeez, how on earth do you figure out how many carbs are in vegetables??

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    Oh i SEE!!! Jeez, how on earth do you figure out how many carbs are in vegetables??
    By taking measurements and then plugging the #s into online calculators (such as at Fat Secret, nutritiondata.self.com, and others). Or at least that is what I do for the majority of items. For some things I wing it and use the published data at restaurants or on the nutrition label (for prepackaged foods).

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Foods List

sites like cronometer and fatsecret offer the counts and will do the calculating for you PLUS keep a history for your personal reference.

how on earth were you figuring carbs before?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

weaverchick is offline Member
    Yes 100 grams a day of all carbs. You'd be surprised what has carbs in it. Veggies, fruit, dairy, etc. Basically anything with starch or sugar either natural or added. For instance a lot of processed meats have added sugar in them so you have to pay attention to that.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Grizz is offline Banned
    Don't eat anything made from wheat. Wheat goes right into fat.
    See Weight Loss photos here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Wheat-Health-Problems

You need to take the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol to cure your Ovary Cysts. Ditto If you have Fibrocystic Breast Disease, uterus problems or thyroid problems. All require iodine for optimal health. Men require iodine for their Prostate & for their Testosterone health.

See our Testimonials for details here for Cysts & PCOS:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

Instructions here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Iodine References here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also read Dr. Buists cover letter here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/iodine/info

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-30-2013 at 03:56 PM.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Please ignore Grizz's post on iodine curing PCOS. There is no known cure for PCOS and Grizz's sources are usually just testimonials. An article he once posted from an actual M.D. started off by saying that there is not cure for PCOS. Excessive amounts of iodine can cause serious health issues. If you are concerned about not getting enough iodine, you can get it through your diet without massive supplementation. Many of the detox symptoms mentioned in his protocol are also signs of iodine poisoning.

I have PCOS as well. I find to maintain my weight, I need to eat around 100 grams of carbs a day and to actively lose weight, I need go under 50. I find that I do better with two or three pretty good sized meals and no snacks. From what I have read, that helps with the insulin resistance as does exercise. Both eating lower carb have helped with the mood swings and other symptoms.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Please ignore Grizz's post on iodine curing PCOS. There is no known cure for PCOS and Grizz's sources are usually just testimonials. An article he once posted from an actual M.D. started off by saying that there is not cure for PCOS. Excessive amounts of iodine can cause serious health issues. If you are concerned about not getting enough iodine, you can get it through your diet without massive supplementation. Many of the detox symptoms mentioned in his protocol are also signs of iodine poisoning.

I have PCOS as well. I find to maintain my weight, I need to eat around 100 grams of carbs a day and to actively lose weight, I need go under 50. I find that I do better with two or three pretty good sized meals and no snacks. From what I have read, that helps with the insulin resistance as does exercise. Both eating lower carb have helped with the mood swings and other symptoms.
    You have heard from the TROLL, and you have seen the Doctor Reports from Dr. Brownstein & Dr. Buist. There are many more Doctor reports to be found here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

It is for you to decide: Listen to the TROLL or listen to the Doctors who have years of experience treating female diseases with iodine. We also have this wonderful book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

PS) I'm not going to engage this TROLL in a fight, as Trolls always try to provoke. Do your own research & read the books to make up your own mind. List of additional books here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-books

There you have it: 1 Troll against many Doctors. If I were suffering a female disease, I would be seriously reading the books I listed. We also have women in our neighborhood who cured their female diseases with iodine, after reading the "Iodine Crises Book," they took action. 2 cases of Fibrocystic Breast disease cured in less than 1 month, and 1 case of terminal uterus cancer put into remission in 9 months.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-01-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast