Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: To circumcise or no? page 22

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    @Knifegill

Due to my parents' cultural tradition (berbers from north Algeria), I got circumsized at age 4 or so. I remember the whole thing (going to the local clinic - that was in France during the 70's, breathing some funny gas for sleeping on the surgery table, the itch and pain on my penis after the surgery, and the slow healing / scarring and removal of the stitching - I had to wear some funny "traditional" dress without any underwear for a couple of weeks ... we had good laughs). Did it affect me ? No. But it depends on how sensitive you are. As far as I know, my other brothers were not affected either. It was a normal thing considering our cultural background (we were not muslims, my parents were atheists, but every one did it anyway and they followed the flow). My sex life has not been affected at all as far as I can tell (I cannot compare w/ and w/o) and nobody bothered me about it.
    That's my experience and I believe my brothers experienced it in the same way. We never really talked about it because it's like asking "hey bro, how's your breathing today ? as good as yesterday ? " when there is no special reason to ask. See what I mean ?

But to do it to a baby without another reason than it is possible ... mmmm, does not sound strong enough a motivation ...

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    I just have to chime in. Don't do it. It is his body, so let him decide. We left our son intact. He is 4 years old and perfectly fine. I have done a ton of research. Intact is the way to go! Watch a video of a baby getting circumcised. You won't get through it. Read about the reasons circumcision came to be in the US...anti-masterbation Christian-influenced mind and body control. Read why leaving a boy/man intact is good for him and his partner. Read about how sometimes when the Drs cut little boys it goes terribly wrong (adhesions/scars/infections/loss of meatus/loss of penis/and Death...really).

Circumcision is not ok. I still can't believe it's legal. Future generations will look back on this time and wonder why this was still happening.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    I just have to chime in. Don't do it. It is his body, so let him decide. We left our son intact. He is 4 years old and perfectly fine. I have done a ton of research. Intact is the way to go! Watch a video of a baby getting circumcised. You won't get through it. Read about the reasons circumcision came to be in the US...anti-masterbation Christian-influenced mind and body control. Read why leaving a boy/man intact is good for him and his partner. Read about how sometimes when the Drs cut little boys it goes terribly wrong (adhesions/scars/infections/loss of meatus/loss of penis/and Death...really).

Circumcision is not ok. I still can't believe it's legal. Future generations will look back on this time and wonder why this was still happening.
    Word.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post

I have a friend who has 3 boys and her mother convinced her to circumcise her oldest after he was born. It went wrong, he almost died, and now has really bad scars and problems because of it. I don't understand why anybody would do this to their children.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122