Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling sick after having heaps fatty meal page

Darthash is offline Senior Member

Feeling sick after having heaps fatty meal

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys and girls,

I have been 100% Primal for well 4 - 6 months now, I haven't feel the buzz like everyone else, I eat alot of beef, chicken, pork (bacon MMMMmmMMM), and Salads and vegies, plus i add coconut to all of my meals to get the coconut flavour. This doesn't happen all the time, but when i have a meal that has heaps of fat I feel sick and like my stomach is uneasy, and have to go the toilet. Can anyone think of any reason this may happen?

I don't have dairy, i drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, white tea the rest of the day with glasses of water as well. I like to add mustard and Tomatoe Sauce. I have 6 fish oil tablets a day and 1 multivitimin. I need to pick up some magnesium but haven't had that over a month now. I mostly grill on the BBQ, or fry in a pan with coconut oil of course. I don't know what other information i need to tell you, my fatloss is not going anywhere, which is kinda making me depressed, cause i really want to get my abs :S

I am 160cm, 66Kg , don't know how much body fat i have, i just look at the mirror and see my waist which is chunky, everything else is starting to look good of course.

For fitness i do weights 3 x weeks and sprint 2 x a week if i feel like it, I work in I.T. and walk around a big school a little bit. ummm. if there is any other information you require just ask me, I just want to fix this, cause i know if it works on all of you, I must be doing something wrong

Thanks for any advise you wonderful people could give me.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    I'm no expert but you might not be digesting the fats properly because you aren't producing enough bile or are lacking digestive enzymes or something. large amounts of medium chain triglycerides (like in coconut oil) does cause stomach upsets in some people but I'm not sure why. I also hear mixing animal fats can make your body respond in a funny way (probably an old wives tale). Maybe you need to gradually increase the amount of fat instead of having loads in one go?
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    what does your daily intake actually look like over the course of a day (itemize meals and snacks as list).

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    I have to spread the fats out through the day or else I get nauseated as well.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    conventional pork makes me feel kinda sick most times

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with trying a diet that is 50-60% fat, 20-25% protein and 20-25% carbs. Some people might do better on that compared to 60-70% fat, 20-25% protein and 5-10% carbs. Replace fats with fruits like berries and cherries, yams, squash and see how you feel. You can still lose weight even with higher carbs, especially if you eat lean gains model with daily medium sized fast (16 hours).

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone else think the 6 fish oil tablets are a bit excessive?

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    Does anyone else think the 6 fish oil tablets are a bit excessive?
    all fish oil tablets are not created equal

I am plowing through a bottle right now that is only 200mg per capsule, so i take 4-6

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    True and false.

True, they are not created the same. They all have different ratios of EPA/DHA - though the standard basic ratio is 180mg epa and 120 mg dha per 1000 mg oil.....and note that this does not mirror the ratios that occur in nature.

False, they ARE created the same: It's important to note that they hype over 'highly purified' and 'free of toxins' is absolutely that - hype. All fish body oils availalbe on the market for human consumption are molecularly distilled and free of toxins.

There are a couple of rare exceptions of high end wild salmon oils (which don't need to be purified) and fermented cod liver oils (that are disgusting and have too much A to be used).

But don't buy the hype over carlson or nordic naturals or anything else that's costing a fortune. The key factors are dha:epa ratio (slightly to significantly more dha is biologically appropriate) and buying from a source that has a VERY high turnover to insure fresh product.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member

o

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post

I am plowing through a bottle right now that is only 200mg per capsule, so i take 4-6
    Good point, I just thought it might be something to ask considering the rest of his diet looks good.

Darthash: how many mg are in your tablets?

Could someone be experiencing stomach issues if taking too much fish oil? I have no idea on this....
    Last edited by lmyers04; 06-11-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast