Thread: Where are the Miami people at? Looking to share resources :) page

GaTo is offline Member

Wink Where are the Miami people at? Looking to share resources :)

Primal Fuel
    I'm a 27 year old male living in Miami, Florida and am looking to connect with other local PB peeps in my area. Just wanted to make a thread so other locals can get together and share ideas and give pointers on any local deals for Primal food.

I just discovered whole foods and think that place is awesome (though a bit pricey). I plan to do my shopping there soon. I'm also in the process of joining a local organic buying club and would love to hook up with others to setup a local cowpool!

Anyways HI!

Hey man, I live in Deerfield beach...just north of you. I am on my fifth week of PB and loving it. Good to know you, talk soon

Dave is offline Junior Member
    Hey! Boca Raton here. We're all just part of the same big megalopolis. I'm 4 months into PB. What have you found out about cowpools?

GaTo is offline Member
    hey guys hows it going i'm actually on my 5th day of Primal and am finding the adjustment to be rather easy. Still working on my foods menu/food shopping lists and trying to learn as much as i can. I'm actually at a barnes and noble right now trying to find a copy of the PB as i have not even read it yet. As far as cow pools i've only found online sources that require you to purchase online (out of state) and receive it by shipping. I have read in the past about north/central floridians doing cowpools from local grass fed cows so i'm hoping some of them see this thread lol

GaTo is offline Member
    hey guys found this organic buying club... i got an email from them so i'll copy and paste the info.

Hello;

We thank you for your interest in the organic buying club. We would be happy to serve you.

The cost is $49.00 and we have bi-weekly deliveries for pick up available. It includes a large share which will be between 25-30 lbs of produce with an assortment of different items. The approximate value of which would be close to $100 if you purchased organic items in a store. We do allow exchanges as long as they are within reason and we have the products available.

Below is a sample of one of our recent orders:
    1.) Broccoli

2.) Cauliflower
    3.) Romaine Lettuce
    4.) Kale
    5.) Green Peppers
    6.) Roma Tomatoes
    7.) Squash
    8.) Parsley
    9.) Carrots
    10.)Mushrooms
    11.) Apples (Red)
    12.) Oranges
    13.) Plums
    14.) Bananas
    15.) Pears

There is a healthy assortment of each of these items for each member, and the items vary weekly as to provide a nice assortment, and based on seasonal availability. We also offer organic Beef, Salmon, and Poultry on order and based on availability.

To Join please click here JOIN NOW - The Organic Buying Club Bi - Weekly $49.00

If you have any further questions you can visit at www.theorganicbuyingclub.com, or simply call the number below.

Thank you again for your interest,

DR. W. CHANDLER REYNOLDS
    IBALANCE, LLC (DBA THE ORGANIC BUYING CLUB)
    26 MARLWOOD LANE
    PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL. 33418
    PHONE: 772.905.3604
    CELL: 561.889.2255

GaTo is offline Member
    waiting for a mod to approve my last post but this goes hand in hand.. an organic grass fed cowpool which i believe is centralized in palm beach

WHOLE / HALF / AND QUARTER SHARES OF GRASS FED ORGANIC BEEF.
    THIS IS VERY HIGH QUALITY AND IT IS FAR BELOW RETAIL AT $6 / LB.

Miykael is offline Junior Member
    Hey Gato. I am in the Dania/Hollywood area. Thanks for posting about the buying club. Been doing Primal/Paleoish eating the last few years, have had excellent results. Interested in getting some good deals on Grass Fed Beef. The beef at whole foods is good here, but want to save $$$ of course.

GaTo is offline Member
    Miykael i just got another email back from the same Doctor above... here is what he had to say.

Good afternoon;

Our Cattle are not fed any grain, antibiotics, or animal-by-products. They are not fed or given any growth hormones. All Cattle are rotationally grazed on grass. They are only supplemented with hay or baleage when absolutely needed.

We would be happy to supply any amount that you are looking for. I expect to have a price list out on Monday for the up and coming month. There will be some fantastic specials available.

i'll post as soon as i learn more.