Thread: dairy goods in the joints? page

gergirl Guest

Question dairy goods in the joints?

Primal Fuel
    I've already tried to get an answer in another thread (pain in the big toe) but I haven't received any yet.
    My joints of both big toes hurt, when I step on the balls of my feet, e.g. doing lunges or certain yoga poses. Now, I've read that dairy can cause pain in the joints...I raised my intake during the last two weeks (as a vegetarian it's actually a good source of protein) and the toes get worse. My question is, if dairy is the cause? Or can it be workout related? Before I see the doc to get tested for lactose intolerance, I'd like to have an opinion on that here first. Don't want to make a fool of myself coming up with my thought of dairy being the cause at the doctors.
    Any experiences or opinions????
    Thank you!

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are responding to dairy, it is not likely that that is related to a lactose intolerance. Lactose intolerance tends to be more of a gi response. It is more likely related to an autoimmune response to something else in the dairy, like a protein. Quickest, easiest and cheapest way to find out is to stop all dairy for a couple of weeks and see what happens.