Thread: Latest Blood Test & Doctor's Visit page

Jianwa is offline Junior Member

Latest Blood Test & Doctor's Visit

Thanks for all the great advice and especially Griff for his Big Primer!

I've been a member for over a year now. I'm primal and it has made all the difference in my life.
    I was a T2 diabetic(my doctor's exact words), had high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
    I've lost 60 pounds, and have gotten off all meds. That has been for a while now. Except.

I went for a blood test in august and my ratios were actually better than in January, except my OAL cholesterol had risen. I knew from Griffs Primer it was nothing to worry about. So when my doctor said to go back on crestor, I said ok, but didn't do it. He scheduled me for a October test, I had been on 6 months tests.

The day I was going for my blood test I dropped by his office and got him to sign off on testing C reactive protein. He asked me about it and I told him "I eat a low inflammation diet and I'd like to monitor it." He did authorize it, but I could see the wheels turning LOL.

Fast Forward to our visit .... Cholesterol NEVER came up in the conversation at all. First thing he said was "You used to be on all these meds, and he held up the paper he was looking at. 6 or 7 meds were listed. I said yes.

Now you take nothing. Again I said yes. He knew I never started taking crestor again. LOL He said your A1C is perfectly normal, and has been for a year now. What do you eat in a day? I know you don't eat wheat but what else. I should hire you to work as a nutritionist here. He said your C reactive protein is .74 where 1 is excellent.
    He said "You're the man! about 5 times LOL, You're really doing excellent.

He shook my hand and said come back in 6 months. I told him he hadn't given me the paperwork for a blood test and he said come see me first. We'll worry about the blood test then. It's not like you're diabetic anymore ....

I'll be forever indebted to Mark, Griff and everyone at the Apple!
    Doug

pamola10 is offline Member
    Wow. Now that's what I call a testimonial! Good for you.

kiks is offline Member
    that's excellent! so what do you eat in a day

I usually make a big shake with 1/2- 1-1/2 cups of baby spinach(or the supergreen blend), a cup of frozen blueberries, half frozen banana, 2 raw eggs, 2 scoops of protein powder(1 whey,1 casein usually), combined in a blender with about 15 oz. of almond milk. I drink half for breakfast, along with either some good cheese, or hard boiled eggs, or raw veggies.( For weekends I usually go with bacon and eggs). For lunch, which is usually half way thru my workday, and after my workout. I have the other half of that shake along with a big ass salad and some type of meat side. If I eat at all after work it's usually just a snack like dark chocolate or a handful of grapes. Sometime during the day I'll usually have a handful or 2 of nuts. Usually almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios or macadamias. I eat a lot of eggs in a week. 2 dozen or more. I drink a couple of cups of coffee a day. Only diary is usually cheese and butter. Rarely some cream but only rarely. Fruits are usually berries, apples and that half a banana most days ..... I eat a LOT of veggies and greens. Usually 1-1/2 - 2 lbs of greens a week both in salad and the shakes. I'm blessed because I love VEGGIES as much as meat LOL
    Doug
    I've been eating this way now for about a year and a half. I started low carbing for 6 months before I switched to Primal ....

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    What the hell is Griffs Big Primer???
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Chupo is offline Member
    Congratulations. Very inspiring post!

Griff's Big Cholesterol Primer is an in depth read that you'll understand.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, you've found a good doctor. I think mine would freak out big time if I told him about all the meat and eggs I'm eating.
    Congrats on the improvements you are making.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!