Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SO MUCH ENERGY from eating LIVER! page 12

spursberry is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I eat cows - followed you liver cooking tip and I survived! Lol

Still need to get used to the taste but it wasn't as bad as feared and certainly felt
    Energetic

Ill update people as I experiment more because I recommend other non-liver-lovers to try it :-)
    UK PBer

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Try liver fajita bowls. Fry up the onions and red/yellow bell peppers, add the liver in long strips and some chiles in adobo sauce or chipotle chili salsa and fresh lime juice. Serve in a bowl with taco fixings of your choice.

For the past few weeks or so I've been walking around craving something. I didn't know what. I'd go up and down the aisles of the store and nothing looked good. I'd try chocolate but it wasn't hitting the spot. Ate some seeds and nuts, nope. Ate the biggest pile of carrots, nada. Nothing was right and no matter what I ate I was still looking for something else. I finally had some liver and it was like oh, yeah, that's what I was needing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillos View Post
    Haven't had liver in a while since I can't find a good substitute for onions (and I try to stay away from onions due to terrible fodmap issues :/).
    So basically I'm stuck with liver sauteed in some red wine. Is there any way to make it more interesting without the onions?
    Bacon makes everything better :-)

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I actually do not like liver, however, my mother - ADORES IT - and I swear, the second she eats liver, she is running a marathon, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I actually do not like liver, however, my mother - ADORES IT - and I swear, the second she eats liver, she is running a marathon, lol!
    I really don't like liver either but following some tips on this thread I stomached it and the effects are worth the test!!! Give it a go! :-)
    UK PBer

seinih is offline Junior Member
    I have despised liver since childhood but tempted to try (given your hype)and incorporate into another dish.. Love the chilli idea!

grae_bird is offline Member
    I cannot find grass fed liver locally... Is it better to avoid liver or eat conventional grain-fed liver? And I'd be interested in the nutrional difference between chicken and beef liver--is one better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by grae_bird View Post
    I cannot find grass fed liver locally... Is it better to avoid liver or eat conventional grain-fed liver? And I'd be interested in the nutrional difference between chicken and beef liver--is one better than the other?
    +1 for this as I'd like to know as well
    UK PBer

grae_bird is offline Member
    spursberry,
    The responses I received and the research I have done indicates that it is better to eat conventional liver than none at all due to:
    1) It is only suggested one eats it once or twice a week, so the build up of omega 6s shouldn't be bad (grain fed does have more omega 6 than omega 3)
    2) liver has 10-100 times the nutritional value of muscle meats, so it is better to include it than not at all.
    3) I had assumed toxins were stored in the liver since it was involved in the detoxification process, but the liver actually neutralizes the toxins, so that is not a concern from conventional beef.

As far as the beef versus chicken, someone pointed me to nutritiondata.self.com and one can search and compare the nutritional information. It appears that beef is higher in copper and vitamin A and most nutrients and minerals.

Grae Bird - wonderful! Thats so helpful and interesting! Thank you very much
    UK PBer

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112